ethics

1503A East 13th Street Austin, Texas USA
  • Phone: 3104971364
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

Jeff Hersh Took my money refused to refund and didnt get my friend out of jail like he said he was. He switched his story over and over and mislead us with no resolve. Austin Texas

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Libelous Report

First he sounded willing to assist seemed like he was going to help. Once he got our money he didnt hear from him. After calling and calling he finally answered and said he wasnt able to get my boyfriend out. Then said he wasnt going to give us our money but would help us go through a bails bonds. Now at that point I should have known he is a LIAR, but I tried to work with him.

He then stated he was withdrawing his self as our lawyer and wasnt going to help and refused to give us money stating it was for his time. 400.00 was given to him and he has refused to give me anything back he has done nothing!  Do not use him he will not get anything he will take your money and not help.  He also stated he is bipolar so he may not be taking meds and that is why is not stable and changes his mind with no direction.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2013 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jeff-Hersh/Austin-Texas-78702/Jeff-Hersh-Took-my-money-refused-to-refund-and-didnt-get-my-friend-out-of-jail-like-he-s-1052704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jeff Hersh

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Libelous Report

AUTHOR: Jeff Hersh - ()

This report is wholly inaccurate. The woman in question hired me to try to get her boyfriend out of jail on personal bond for $400. I told her there was no guarantee the magistrate would grant the request. I never said the $400 would be refunded, but said I would credit it towards the cost to represent him regardless of the outcome. I was crystal clear on this communication, and repeated it to her. Immediately upon receiving the money, I visited her boyfriend in jail and interviewed him, not merely for information to present to the magistrate, but to ascertain defenses to the charge against him, which was beyond the scope of our agreement. I then saw pretrial services, which pulled up a 2-page rap sheet of a plethora of prior charges. Based on his record, the magistrate rightly refused to grant personal bond. When I informed the girlfriend, she wanted a refund. I again told her I would credit it to her if I'm retained to represent her boyfriend, but she simply wanted a refund. She even asked me to loan her another $100 on top of the refund to help her post bond. I refused, and she submitted a grievance with the Texas Bar, which was dismissed on its face. Her accusations are spurious, and intentionally so. I have the highest integrity, and have never had a complaint lodged against me in 23 years of practice.