Complaint Review: Jeff Radziewicz / The Painting Group

• Updated: Sat, January 18, 2014

• Reported By: JVC formerly of Plainfield — Hinsdale Illinois
Jeff Radziewicz / The Painting Group
25036 Prairie Grove Dr. Plainfield, Illinois USA

Jeff Radziewicz / The Painting Group / J&S Design: Take Money and Never Return for the Work Plainfield Illinois

*Author of original report: Updated Business Name

My husband and I first hired The Painting Group in January, 2011 to paint two bathrooms and a bedroom in our home in Plainfield.  He and his brother did the work - and while they were a bit flaky (saying they would arrive at 8, but then show up at 10), their work was great and well priced.

The next year, we contacted him in July to stain a fence on our property and paint epoxy on our garage floor.  We signed the contract on the spot, and gave him the 50% deposit as required.  He indicated within a couple of days that he would start on the work in the next couple of weeks.

From that day on, we never heard from Jeff proactively, and he would only return messages via email (I have them all) after many phone and email messages.  Each time he would reply, it was some outrageous reason why he hadn't been there and he would set a new date, (typically, the following Monday) and of course, not show up.

Many times througout the next few months, I sympathized with the medical issues (fell off his horse; stepped on a hornet's nest; heart palpitations) and suggested that he return the deposit and we would move forward with someone else.  In October, when it was clear that he was a scam artist, I told him so and he has never responded again.

I have reached out to him through his cell phone number, I wrote to him, his Facebook page, and through the BBB - he has never responded.  I see now on this page and multiple other sites that my story is not unique to him.

His grandchild started attending the same daycare that my kids attended in Plainfield, and I ran into him multiple times when picking up or dropping off the children.  Each time, he would run to his car and screech out - so not only is he a scam artist, he's a weasel. And he knows it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2014 01:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jeff-Radziewicz-The-Painting-Group/Plainfield-Illinois-60585/Jeff-Radziewicz-The-Painting-Group-JS-Design-Take-Money-and-Never-Return-for-the-W-1116636. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jeff Radziewicz / The Painting Group

Updated Business Name

AUTHOR: JVC in Plainfield - ()

I just found the old website for The Painting Group -thepaintinggroup.com.  It now takes you to the Oasis Painting Group.