Complaint Review: Jefferson Capital Systems - Emblem Fresh Start Solution Program

• Submitted: Thu, March 06, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, November 15, 2012

• Reported By:san diego California
Jefferson Capital Systems - Emblem Fresh Start Solution Program
16 Mcleland Saint Cloud, Minnesota U.S.A.

Jefferson Capital Systems - Emblem Fresh Start Solution Program Promised to clear a debt and give a credit card, put negative on my credit report for no reason, didnt follow through on offer. Saint Cloud Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: TimeFRAME

*Consumer Comment: These people are bottom feeders!

*Consumer Comment: Report

*Consumer Suggestion: Another Credit Card Scam

*UPDATE Employee: ask and you will be informed

This is the letter I sent to the company -- I have copied and pasted it and it as it explains all!! I am soo disappointed and hope for a resolution soon.

To Whom This May Concern,

Sept 12, 2007

you company sent me a offer with the statement at the top saying "Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC" stating that My origional Creditor: Sprint Pcs was sent to Debt Recovery Solutions which then placed with you for collection. You offered me the Emblem Fresh Start Solution Program. You said the balance will be transferred to a new Emblem account. It will be monitored by Jefferson Capitol until I pay the $100 off to receive my credit card. I have made all my payments and received no information on my card last month at all. In is now the beginning of a new month and still nothing in the mail.

In addition a negative has been placed on my credit report by jefferson capitol and for what reason-- according to your offer in the origional letter I didnt do anyting wrong and wast late on anything? I have paid on time each month-- as a matter of fact you only required me to pay $20 until the $100 was paid off but I even paid $25 to be one step ahead of the game. In addition when you call after hours you get referred to a very questionable website with no real actual info on it-- http://www.freshstartsolutions.com/ ? I have googled you on the internet and found many negative responses. I really would like to come to some kindof solution to my problem. I only did this to help my credit score and now you have hurt it more.

Please take the negative off all three credit providers as it shouldnt be there in the first place. In addition - what is going on with this credit card that was supposed to come after the $100 was paid? I AM NOT SEEING THE FRESH START IN ALL THIS? I hope to hear from someone promptly. I am 32 and cant even rent a apartment due to my credit ratings.
I have given a change of address well ahead of time..

Fairey_dust420
san diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2008 10:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jefferson-Capital-Systems-Emblem-Fresh-Start-Solution-Program/Saint-Cloud-Minnesota-56303/Jefferson-Capital-Systems-Emblem-Fresh-Start-Solution-Program-Promised-to-clear-a-debt-a-315537. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jefferson Capital Systems - Emblem Fresh Start Solution Program

TimeFRAME

AUTHOR: Nala - (United States of America)

It takes 14 to 21 days for a change to appear on a credit report not 30-60; sometimes sooner.  Don't believe the hype!

These people are bottom feeders!

AUTHOR: Graham1954 - (United States of America)

First off the credit card they promise is non existent unless you acknowledge a debt that is probably long past being collectable.

Second if you research this company you will see they purchase old delinquent debt that is no longer able to be pursued by law for just pennies on the dollar.  They then try to trick people into paying a little towards this debt so they can re-age it and thus try to get all of it.

In my case I saw a $469 debt added to my credit report earlier this month stating it was current as of December 20th 2011.  When I researched it it was in someone else's name not mine and was a debt from 2004 for a credit card not paid by that person.

I disputed it immediately and I received a letter from them today that will make you all laugh.

It said that verification would have been sent to me but as I obviously hadn't received it as a courtesy they would cease pursuing the debt and would inform the credit agencies and have the negative removed immediately lol.

Now I don't know about you but I've never heard of a debt collection company that removes negative reports or writes off a debt unless they were trying to trick someone and got caught out ;)

So my advice to anyone who sees this company on their credit report is dispute it unless you are 100% sure you owe it.

AUTHOR: EssenceGirl - (United States of America)

From what I was told and read from the letter I recieved. You guys do not report to credit bureau

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Another Credit Card Scam

AUTHOR: Macm - (U.S.A.)

I worked for the company who first came out with the idea. "if we tell people we will give them a credit card, and have them pay a considerable part of there debt prior to receiving it, alot more consumers would atleast give back part of there, rather then not even paying anything"

So don't let thease stealers tell you anything, if you cant pay it back then it should not have been lent to you in the first place.

Debt is not an equivalent of failure rather the broken system and how it does not work.

ask and you will be informed

AUTHOR: Ash - (U.S.A.)

First off if you would talk to any of us who call you, you would know that we report on the 15th of the month. It takes 30-60 days for credit bureau's to update credit reports. So that should inform you why it takes awhile. We have to wait for payments to clear thus the wait. Also you just saw a negative mark because there was a change from a bad debt to a bad debt you are paying on, that difference was the only reason you saw a change. It was negative before you just never looked at it until you decided to pay some of your bad debt.