Complaint Review: Jeffrey Alec Collins

• Updated: Sat, August 04, 2012

• Reported By: I. Ben-Robbed — San Diego California United States of America
Jeffrey Alec Collins
San Diego, California United States of America

Jeffrey Alec Collins JAC Contracting Promises and Lies, This is all you get from Jeff Collins San Diego, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I was used by an Employee

*General Comment: There's a bunch of people he has screwed over

Jeffrey Alec Collins is a classic ripoff artist. He scams, charms, convinces his way into your project. Once there he will front load the pay outs heavy lining his pockets. He is notorious for then writing bad checks to workers and supply houses. Always with a convenient excuse and a promise to make up the money. After weeks of haggling with the man the client who by now is in too deep to get out, is forced to settle for what they can get. This is also true of his ever revolving crew, and suppliers.

Jeffrey has left hefty bills for previous clients to pay. I looked it up and found three real quick. Premier Equipment Rentals in Bakersfield Ca. Tri-Rock supply in Tahachipi Ca. and Tahachipi Lumber Company, to name a few. See if you can find anybody who's ever worked for him for more than one job. It's always important to get solid references before starting any venture. But with this man I defy you to find one legitimate source.

Jeffrey changes the name of his company often because of this so beware. His license number though stays the same 894150.

He is easily recognized do to his extreme over weight problem. Don't let the smile fool you, he's not your friend. He's only there to steal your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2011 06:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jeffrey-Alec-Collins/San-Diego-California-92101/Jeffrey-Alec-Collins-JAC-Contracting-Promises-and-Lies-This-is-all-you-get-from-Jeff-Coll-771334. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jeffrey Alec Collins

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I was used by an Employee

AUTHOR: Used By Employee - (USA)

The person reporting about me Jimmy Schafer was an employee. I provided him a cash advance of $2500 prior to an out of town prevailing wage project starting. I provided room and board, a gas card a work truck and $2500 in salary. The first day on the job he and the crew started about noon although they were supposed to start at 7:00 they proceeded to steal about $5000 of copper from the project. They said for gas money. I had 8 guys working for me at $40 plus an hour. For the entire project not one person worked a full 40 hours. They worked maybe 30 hours a week. And no way worked 12 hour days to make up for late starts and early departures as the type of work they were doing would be impossible to work that many hours in a day. I would send the checks out to arrive Thursday afternoon and that was always a major distraction. They took off early to go cash their checks while on my payroll. Over $5000 of tools were stolen although no employee was ever supposed to be on the job site alone. Jimmy Schafer did a hit and run in my truck as well costing me over $5000 I was paying for their lunch Hotel ect. I figure this cost me nearly $60,000 in additional payroll. Not sure if there is a drug or alcohol problem, but whether I paid Jimmy Schaffer $2500 a week as in this project or on non-prevailing wage projects $1500 a week he was out of money on Saturday. In addition he went to the project and finished it up No Contractor’s Licenses and I have over $50,000 left on the table I should have recovered by finishing the project when Cesar Chavez obtained their funding. He always got his Money!!! I have never changed my phone number or my name I am not sure where that came from. Rip off report should not have allowed his comments It is very evident he was upset while writing that as what does my looks or weight have to do with anything. Jimmy Schafer definitely knows the concrete business He has no business being in charge of a project without proper supervision.

Jeffrey A Collins

#2 General Comment

There's a bunch of people he has screwed over

AUTHOR: Blakenator - (United States of America)

Call me at 805-807-4296 and have anybody else you might know who he ripped off, call me also. Thanks.