• Submitted: Fri, January 15, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, May 10, 2010

• Reported By: JERICHO FURNITURE IN ELIZABETH NJ — ELIZABETH New Jersey United States of America
1047 ELIZABETH AVE ELIZABETH, New Jersey United States of America

*General Comment: Wow!!!

*General Comment: I TOO WAS SCAMMED

Dear consumers of America,
I writing to tell a horror story of the WORST buying experience OF MY ENTIRE LIFE!! Okay, so I am moving to a new home and decide that I want to buy a new living and dining room set. I decide to go to a store called Jericho furniture thatI had seen close to where I work
. I walk in and find a living room set and a dining set I liked. I had two months left before I moved into my new home, so I was doing everything ahead of time.

The date I set up for delivery was August 1st. I set the date TWO months in advance and even took the day off work to be home when they arrived. They never arrived.

A WHOLE WEEK went buy and I still had no furniture!! I called everyday and got the run around for HOURS!! Everyone was extremly unprofessional and the sales man even used profanity when talking to me.

I was told that parts of my order had not arrived yet.. IT HAD BEEN TWO MONTHS SINCE I PUT THE ORDER IN!! They told me the most time it took for parts to some in was 2 weeks, it had been TWO MONTHS and ONE WEEK and the furniture was still not there!!

I had an empty home, I had to sit on the floor, no couch to lay on, IT WAS AWFUL!!! would call the store 6 times a day and still no response, I would get told "I will make sure someone calls you back, I promise." No one ever did. Again, I repeat they were very UNPROFFESSIONAL. They answered their phones, "Umm.. Hello? umm.. Jericho furniture HELLLO?!!"

It was August 10th when I finally was told the furniture would be delivered to me that day. I was later notified that they had delivered it to the WRONG home.

The worst of the situation is that i opened up a credit line with them. I was told there would be no interest for 18 months and that my first payment would be 30 days after I received my furninture. August 19th i get a statement saying I owe 3899 on the credit card when the only thing I had charged was 1600 dollars!! it also showed me as delinquent on payments!! WHICH POSTED ON MY CREDIT REPORT!! I was charged double than what I had purchased, my credit score dropped because I had "maxed out" the card!!!

I am still in the process of fixing all of this. It is a huge mess. Jericho Furniture is unproffesional, unorganized and a HORRIBLE company to do business
with. i paln on paying the credit line off in two months, closing the account and NEVER doing business there again.

So, to anyone in the Elizabeth area planning to do business with this company, DO NOT DO IT!! It's a nightmare!! They have about 3 stores in the area, RUN IF YOU SEE ONE!!

Thank you and I hope this helps anyone who has had the same happen to them or if they are planning on doing business with this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2010 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JERICHO-FURNITURE/ELIZABETH-New-Jersey-07201/JERICHO-FURNITURE-BUYERS-BEWARE-DONT-BUY-ELIZABETH-New-Jersey-555223. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JERICHO FURNITURE

#1 General Comment

AUTHOR: Djadamzz - (United States of America)

Thanks for letting me ahead of time I almost bought from them, now i know thanks again

#2 General Comment

AUTHOR: I want Justice - (United States of America)

I too was scammed by Jericho furniture. My mother and I went there to choose furniture for her apartment. We had chosen furniture from the Book they provided. BIG MISTAKE. We choose a pull out couch, a bedroom set and other items. My mother paid in cash; she is an old timer (She Finally learned her lesson this time). We were given the correct receipt. Few weeks later they called us and told us that the color of the couch that we have order was sold out. My mother rather not waiting she had chosen a different color. The delivery date came and went for two weeks. When they finally arrived they were putting together a bed without a head board a platform bed.right away we saw something was wrong. Many of the items we chose were replaced. We told the delivery people to take back everything. We went to the store and got nowhere. We filed a small claims report, won the judgment and still have not received the money. The court officer is now working in getting the money. 5/5/2010

any help please contact me (((REDACTED)))

Thank, RC