Complaint Review: Jerome's

• Updated: Tue, February 25, 2014

• Reported By: Danae — San Marcos California
780 Los Vallecitos Blvd San Marcos, California USA

Jerome's Warranty not honored San Marcos California

I purchased furniture in June and by December the legs of my couch had all been bent and basically broken off. This couch had the ability to fold out into a bed so it was occasionally used for that purpose.  Someone from Jeromes came to inspect for the warranty and told me that the couch was mostly for a kids room or for gaming purposes. But that he would speak with his supervisor. No one ever called my back so when I finally called to ask what was going on, I was told that the damage was due to customer abuse. I've never considered that using a couch to sit and watch TV was abuse. Nor had I considered that sleeping on a couch that was designed to fold out into a couch would be considered abuse. The fabric is clean and has no damage at all so there would be no good reason for the company to call this abuse. The legs were apparently weak or not put on properly from the beginning. But that does not mean we abused the furniture. I am extremely disappointed and will not buy from this store again. This has been where my family always gets our furniture until now. :-(

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2014 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jeromes/San-Marcos-California-92078/Jeromes-Warranty-not-honored-San-Marcos-California-1126404. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jerome's