Complaint Review: Jerry Farmer - Variety Mobile Homes Services

• Submitted: Fri, September 10, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, September 10, 2004

• Reported By:Dante Virginia
Jerry Farmer - Variety Mobile Homes Services
15696 Porterfield Highway Abingdon, Virginia U.S.A.

Jerry Farmer - Variety Mobile Homes Services, ripoff cheat, lie, false statements, broken promises, won't come to phone, has secretary to cover for him Abingdon Virginia

Jerry Farmer, owner of Variety Mobile Homes in Abingdon Va is a professional ripoff and con artist. I purchased a used mobile home from him for my brother. I paid cash, and was treated like a queen before he got his hands on my money.

Then the nightmare began. For starters, when they finally delivered the trailer, it was tore all to hell. They had wrecked it, broken out windows, messed doors up, crushed walls in, just to name a few things done in the wreck. Next, ran over my brother's night lights and smashed them into the ground. After repeated calls {at my expense} his crew came and worked some one day causing further damage by laying equipment on kitchen counter, broke out more glass in the kitchen cabinets, and permanently stained kitchen rug while attempting to fix wall with a hideous mismatched wallpapaer.

I later learned this is par for the course for this man and company, and I know others who are willing to report him. I thought we were going to have to level it up ourselves even though it was in the contract they would. It took numerous and repeated calls, again at my expense, to get someone here to level it up. I even picked a man at random (since Jerry asked me if I knew anyone to do this}out of a local newspaper ad to assist us.

Jerry is always unavailable when I call and ask for him. Seems strange, a man that owns a business, and is never around. I have records of phone calls, and witnesses to attest to the fact this man is a genuine crook, and has been allowed to get away with it. Maybe part of this was because I am a woman, and it's easier for a man like him to rip off women. Anyway, I hope he is stopped, because this has been going on too long.

Sherry
Dante, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2004 10:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jerry-Farmer-Variety-Mobile-Homes-Services/Abingdon-Virginia-24210/Jerry-Farmer-Variety-Mobile-Homes-Services-ripoff-cheat-lie-false-statements-broken-107896. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jerry Farmer - Variety Mobile Homes Services