Complaint Review: Jerry Yarnell

• Updated: Mon, July 07, 2014

• Reported By: Sheryl — Grove Oklahoma USA
Jerry Yarnell
Skiatook, Oklahoma United States of America

Jerry Yarnell Yarnell Art / Inspiration in painting/Yarnell school of fine art Well Known Local Artist, Self Proclaimed Christian, Disgraces Family and Publicly Lies to Further His Career Skiatook, Oklahoma

*Consumer Comment: Sad

*Consumer Comment: Good Company, But Be Advised

*General Comment: HA...

*Author of original report: LOL

*General Comment: For Shame Sheryl

I am the Sister of Local Wildlife Artist Jerry Yarnell.  I am ashamed of the information I am about to divulge.  I am sad, hurt, broken hearted and reeling in disbelief.  My unbelievably talented brother  has broken and disgraced his family.  Ten years ago, Jerry was broke, over extended, his career floundering.  Jerry went to my youngest brother Scott and his wife Diane to see if they could help him put the business back together and take over every aspect of the business.  The idea was that if they could get things up and running he could just paint.  The problem was that Jerry had no money or the credit to get any.  My brothers wife, Diane offered her own personal credit card to purchase all the start up needs for the office and gallery as well as working capital to keep things going until they could get workshops and shows scheduled and begin an Art School.

Scott and Diane worked diligently at making the new business work.  Everything worked exceptionally well.  Soon our Mother and Father were asked to help out.  They both worked for the next 10 years.

The workshops and shows increased yearly, the Art School became a huge sucess.  Diane as office manager learned every aspect of the business, from daily dealings with client orders to the production of the a weekly televised Art Class on the local PBS.

During the past ten yeas life happened.  Jerry's son married, grandchildren came along, Jerry's youngest son, handicapped from birth had come into his teens, with all the normal teen issues as well as teen issues in a handicapped world.  The most difficult life change during this time was the death of Jerry's wife Joan.  Joan had been ill for a long time. She dealt with her illness, Jerry's near fatal bout with cancer and her two son's and the weeks alone while Jerry traveled. To this day, he has never honored her with a marker for her grave.  He has denied his son as well as her family the right to honor her as well.

During the time after the death of Jerry's wife and the adjustment that this always demands, things began to change.  Jerry began asking for more and more money from the business.  He was always given what he requested but often had to be reminded by Diane that they must stay on a budget in order to keep the business in the black.  This was a concept that Jerry never understood.  Jerry had money problems from the very beginning of his career right up to the present.  One has only to look at public records to see the legal problems, bankruptcies, unpaid investors, broken contracts to see the trail that leads to today.

Jerry was spending more and more money.  At one point he began a church and said it was for his oldest son... but when his son took it over there was no money left to operate the church... The doors were closed.  His son was used as long as it was a help to Jerry then he was dismissed with no more regard.  His son left, taking his young wife and family to make a life for themselves in another state.  Jerry never saw them or his grandchildren again.

Soon Jerry began seeing a very young woman and asking for more money to entertain her.

Finally Diane had no choice but to tell Jerry that he just could not take any more money out of the business until he sold enough to make up the difference.  That started a downward spiral and a splintering of any rational thought process that he may have had.  He became argumentative, difficult, and demanding.  It soon became apparent to Scott and Diane that something was desperately wrong and that they may need to call a meeting and either work out the problem or perhaps dissolve the business relationship..

Not long after this Jerry met another woman.  He was sure that this was the one for him, he was estatic, and we were all equally happy for him...We all wanted him to be happy and thought that perhaps that was what he needed to settle down and get back to business....

That is not quite how things went.  Almost from the beginning it was clear that Jerry's new woman was not going to be a team player.. In a few short months, they married.  Our parents were not asked to attend.  None of us were asked to attend.  Now that may not seem like such a big deal to some, however in our family it was not only a big deal, it was a deliberate slight and a precursur of things to come.

At this time I would like to say that our parents spent a great deal of money helping Jerry, when Jerry was dying of cancer they (as well as the rest of us) spent every minute at the hospital, looking after Joan, taking care of Josh.  When Jerry recovered, he was allowed to come home but to be in one room, that had to be made sterile.  Our Mother cleaned that room and the rest of the house for days, she cooked every meal for him and for Joan and Josh for nearly a year.  Our Father, took care of every single thing around Jerry's home and made sure all the bills were taken care of.  The rest of us offered our Bone Marrow to keep him alive.  We all prayed non stop for God to spare him.... We watched our youthful dedicated parents age ten years in that one.

It is important that it is known that the last thing anyone in our family would ever expect would be for one of us to stand against the other ...And Never In A Court of Law.  This man that did not have a nickel to his name ten years ago, almost overnight, Sued his brother, called his Mother a liar, posted publicly on Facebook, U tube and his Website that his Brother was trying to steal his business from him, that Diane and his Mother were telling clients that he was "dead" was "out of business" "was sick" "was not painting any longer"................. Just think about that for a minute..

Not that it would mean much to anyone else, but our Mother is 85 years old and our Father is 88.

Our Father was owner/operator of a Printing Co. for many years and his honor, integrity, his word and his good name were never questioned...... We all grew up knowing that honoring our parents and siblings was all that was expected of us.... We always supported each other in all of our endeavors, we have always been there for one another and always the first to offer help if needed... We were always proud of Jerry and proud to point out his work.  We have always known he had a pretty big EGO, but that was just Jerry.  It is clear to all of us now that Jerry's EGO has consumed him.

Jerry and his wife Donna were asked to come to our parents home.  They wanted to try and talk to them and find out why they were spreading these lies.  Jerry became so defensive, he could not stay seated, he got in our Mother's face and screamed at her.  He glared at his Father, and they walked out of the house.... They left our loving, dervoted, elderly parents with broken hearts, sorrow beyond measure.

How do you live with the fact that the child you have given everything to, worked for, weeped for and loved has turned into a liar, cheat, scam artist, fraud, Christian in name only,phony, abusive, damaged soul.  He has no respect for the law, or the mandate of the court, for his family or his God.

When you send a donation to his ministries ( Not to be confused with Yarnell Ministries-Justin and Cindy Yarnell of Atlanta Georgia) Ask where the money goes, and who it is helping.  You should not have to pay for him to pray for you.  Just make sure those donations aren't going for personal use.  He may be   his own Ministry. His actions and words are of someone that is Godless!  We all need to pray for him and Donna.

My Brothers, Sister in law, Mother, Dad, His Son, Grandchildren as well as myself, will never be able to get over this nightmare.  Though Jerry has tried to accuse Scott and Diane of trying to steal his business and has gone out of his way to say he is no longer affiliated with any family members, that we are "EX" family.  You have not heard or seen derogatory comments from them.

These facts are easy to check. I am not trying to stoop to his and Donna's level but it is worth thinking about.... Jerry is an undeniably fantastic talent.  He is a wonderful teacher.  We hope he can continue to sell his beautiful works and teach others.  However he should not have the right to continue to defame his family's good name, he should not be allowed to make untrue allegations about his brother and his wife.  They stood by him and never let him down.  He is trying hard to be someone he will never be.  He has let Donna influence him and try to make him change his looks and even the name in which he has been know  his entire life.

if you find this hard to believe and are saying you have followed Jerry for years, been to his seminars, taken his classes, watched his video's...Yes, I can clearly see how difficult this would be for you to believe.  Believe this.... We do know how it feels....  I can tell you how his little coy smile looks, I can tell you how his laugh makes you feel, I know how charismatic he is..............So was Jim Jones, Jim Baker, your Senator, Presidents, Ceo's or world wide companies...........I am his sister... I have taken care of him as a child, been there for him as an adult, it brings me great sorrow to say these things., however I just cannot sit still any longer and let him continue to lie about our brother, hurt our Mother and Father or shame the Yarnell name.

If you were used to doing business with Scott and Diane, I am sure they would love to hear from you, I know many of you know "Mary" our Mother who took your orders for 10 years.  She would love to know that there is still some goodness out there.  I am greatful to everyone who has taken the time to read this..... Our Best to All.....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2012 12:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jerry-Yarnell/Skiatook-Oklahoma-/Jerry-Yarnell-Yarnell-Art-Inspiration-in-paintingYarnell-school-of-fine-art-Well-Kno-911350. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jerry Yarnell

Sad

AUTHOR: crochetnstitches - ()

I have been wanting to comment to this for a couple of months. I came across this in searching for Jerry Yarnell instuction books and dvds. I live in a rural area, and can not afford art lessons. I have been dabbling in art and music since my teen years. Being an empty nester now, I decided to started painting again. Jerry Yarnells instructions are very detailed, and helpful. My family is amazed at how far I have come in just a few months of practising. Whatever went on in Jerry's family, It doesn't affect me as a consumer. It's sad, and every family has had some issues of one sort or another. Money seems to bring out the worst in people, and this family being torn apart is ashame. I am certain it really grieves the heart of God. But the bottom line is this: Jerry Yarnell is a talented artist, and gifted instructor. Being a cancer survivor myself, I can tell you how important it is to have something to sooth my soul. Many thanks to Jerry Yarnell for his fine teaching, and I hope his family finds peace in all this. God's blessings to you all.

Good Company, But Be Advised

AUTHOR: Elance - ()

I've used the services of Jerry for the last several years, both as a student and an art collector. Jerry Yarnell's School is of the utmost quality and Jerry's unique teaching ability is very effective. Prices are reasonable for classes, etc. For the collector, most work will look beautiful in any room or business, and he does commissions as well. He has a great personality and is easy to learn from.

As far as the negative ripoff reports, please be aware that the family is engaged in a bitter legal dispute. It was covered in the local Tulsa news recently. As is the case with any family infighting, accusations will fly and one will try to ruin the reputation of the other. The Yarnell family is no exception. This is unfortunate, but as long as you realize this, you should not expect a dissapointing experience with his school. Normally this isn't a big deal, but one member of the family (who I believe is Jerry's brother) runs a buisness using the Yarnell name and nearly tricked me into believing I was dealing with Jerry. I called the School to confirm a price, and that is when I found out about the dispute. Typical family drama, and a good example of why any good lawyer would request a gag order.

#3 General Comment

HA...

AUTHOR: Debunker - (United States of America)

Not EVEN close... but nice try.  :)

LOL

AUTHOR: Sheryl Yarnell-Dickson - (USA)

OH MY GOODNESS!!  LOL LOL. You guys need to hire someone to write this stuff.  You write just like you talk. It is so obvious on your guestbook, fb and now here. Your self praise is a little tooooo much.  You also write TMI, your typical follower, student, client wouldn't have so much to say on such a personal matter. LOL. Yes, in my letter I would agree that some of the information given may have not been relevant, but then "JOHN" you really need to keep track of all that has been said and by whom. Then the issue of is Jerry a Christian??  Well now I just don't know for sure, but rumor has it the definition is in the BIBLE. My Mother always taught us that " Actions Speak Louder Than Words".   Me Shame my family? hummmm,  don't think so...but you are welcome to ask them. You know, stepping up and apologizing to your Mother, Father, Brother would go a long way.  It is you that must live with your actions for the rest of your life, not I.    I have not dishonored my Mother, Father or Brother. You know right from wrong. Fix it!   Last but surely the best.. Jezabel? LOL LOL LOL LOL. Thank You.   Your flare for the dramatic is paled only by that of my 14 year old grandaughter. LOL       Oh.. One other thing "JOHN"  Why are you hiding ?? Do you not believe in your claims?   We would be happy to have you over. May you find peace in your heart

#5 General Comment

For Shame Sheryl

AUTHOR: Debunker - (United States of America)

Dear Sheryl (Yarnell) Dickson,
I am someone that knows you all, and have for several years. You may call me John.
It does indeed sadden me to see my wonderful family break up in such a tragic way, but Id like to say a few things.

Please consider the following.

You, my dear, have done something so awful here, that there is no going back. You have done more damage to the family than any squabble could ever do. Yes Sheryl, the blame falls upon you.

It matters not if any of what you have said is true or not..  it matters not. Dont you see what you have done? You have gone on such a terrible rant that you have exposed much information (true or not.  it does not really matter) that has nothing to do with the matter at hand, which is the simple ownership of various art materials and distributations.

You have delved deep into very private matters that have nothing to do with what the public needs do know. Tell us, what do tombstones, churches, crippled children, cancer, Jerrys new wife, Jerrys money trouble etc. etc.etc.  have to do with the matter at hand?.. the ownership of art materials being the subject on this Rip Off forum... this is not the place for soap operas.
You have chosen to betray... yes betray your family by exposing in such a hateful and harmful way.. and to the WORLD, personal, hurtful family business. For shame.
And then, you have the guts to say that Jerry is not a Christian. Who are YOU to make that kind of call??  It doesnt matter who you think you are.. who ARE you? Do you speak for Jesus?  No, not even close. I know who you are.. I know all about you..... I think perhaps you should evaluate your own worthiness to be a Christian. Shame.

Oh what you have done Sheryl. Oh what you have done! This will follow you all the days of your life. You have not gained vengeance for Joe, Mary, or Scott, but rather you have made yourself out to be a traitor, a Benedict Arnold... and a family trust Jezebel. Oh what you have done. I am ashamed of you.
Wishing you more happiness,