Complaint Review: Jerry's Road Construction

• Updated: Sat, October 05, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — Mt. Vernon Ohio
Jerry's Road Construction
Wooster,, Ohio USA

Jerry's Road Construction Jerry's Construction; Jerry E. Young; Johnny R. Young Jr., Asphalt Construction; JRY Construction; J Scammer Preying on Elderly People Wooster, Ohio

"Jerry" approached my Dad who is 71 yrs. old, who was working in his yard, and said, "hey I have a few extra dump truck loads of leftover asphalt from a job I am doing in Glenmont, Can I dump it in your driveway"? My Dad, being very trusting man, said "well, yes, that would be fine". When Jerry started pouring the asphalt, my Dad said, "That is good stuff, I thought I would be getting like a chip & seal?" Jerry stated No, I will give you a good deal, $25 a yard, Dad thought Okay, that would be about $500.

Long Story Short, when Jerry was done, he told my Dad, "that will be $15,000! My Dad was shocked! Dad said I can never pay that, and I had no idea this is what I was getting.  Jerry came down to $12,500. Dad said well, I will have to take out a loan, I will try to have the money for you in the morning. My Brothers, sister, and I found out about this, knowing that Dad has a lot of medical bills due to major health problems, can in no way afford this and got scammed. We were there when Jerry came to pick up his money. We asked to see a contract, or anything that makes him legit., He had nothing, and immediately got very defensive and looked like a trapped rabbit.

Jerry did not get his money today, because Dad has NONE. Dad is willing to pay what it is worth, but at no time agreed to $15,000 worth, we told Jerry this, but he was not willing to negotiate.  We are not going to let our Dad get scammed, and we let Jerry know that, he acted scared and defensive and then told us to just forget about it because he does not wish for this to go to court, when we mentioned the possibility.  Gee!!! I wonder why???? He is a scammer!!!

I would sure hate for this to happen to other vulnerable people, and I have read that "Jerry" (if that is even his name) has pulled this scam on other elderly people. It is a shame. This guy needs to be put out of business. I tried looking up Jerry's Road Construction (name on business card he produced out of his truck when I got a very upset with him for not proving to me that he even had a legit business) on the BBB and he is showing up as No Such Business Listed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2013 06:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jerrys-Road-Construction/Wooster-Ohio-44691/Jerrys-Road-Construction-Jerrys-Construction-Jerry-E-Young-Johnny-R-Young-Jr-Asph-1089781. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jerry's Road Construction