Complaint Review: jewelry unlimited

jewelry unlimited
4800 briarcliff blvd suite 1007 atlanta, Georgia United States of America

jewelry unlimited Unlimited/D.Bazaar Defective/damaged/jewelry atlanta, Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: Purchase Made on Ebay

I first encountered jewelry unlimited/D.Bazaar on Ebay they also have a location in Atlanta Ga I purchased diamond earrings and a diamond necklace. I received the necklace and was very disappointed the diamonds where chips literally you could barely see them. I take the necklace to my jeweler because the necklace would not lay flat on my neck to see if they could adjust. They tell me the metal is roduim not 10Kt as advertised and that it was splitting in 5 places . They suggested I throw it in a drawer because it wasnt worth anything. I was irrate I spent my money for a 10kt white gold 3ct diamond necklace and it wasnt worth anything.  I called them and expressed how unhappy I was with the necklace they told me to send it back and my own expense I couldnt receive my money back but that I had to exchange it. So I exchanged the necklace for 2 diamond bangles thinking I would not have issues with those. Well within 1 month 1 bangle tarnishes and a diamond falls out.  Once again I call and email and they tell me that silver tarnishes silver I thought it was 10kt gold they falsely advertise once again. So they tell me its nothing they can do I send it back once again at my own expense and they tell me all they can do is dip it and will not replace the diamond. Now on there Ebay site they say that they stand by there jewelry and that they will replace for up to 2months. Once again false advestisement. A complete rip off jewerly should not be defective, tarnishing or stones falling out in 1 months. Jewelry should not be advertised as 10kt and its rodium or 10kt and it sterling silver. So I dont want anyone else to be fooled or get ripped off

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2011 05:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/jewelry-unlimited/atlanta-Georgia-30345/jewelry-unlimited-UnlimitedDBazaar-Defectivedamagedjewelry-atlanta-Georgia-744588. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on jewelry unlimited

Purchase Made on Ebay

AUTHOR: Jewelry Unlimited - ()

Hello

I am a representative of Jewelry Unlimited and wanted to clarify a few pieces of information on the complaint.  I looked back at this buyer's history and say that the item he/she purchased is advertised as Sterling silver with a White gold finish - Which is an overlay of white gold.  This is stated in the listing 4 different places.  No where does it say the item is 10k, it is not meant to be 10k.  The purchase price was $599, and the chain weighed over 50 grams, there is nowhere in the world where a 50 gram chain can be purchased for less than the raw gold price which would be approximately $1000.  Also, the chain has diamonds on it, which are also advertised to be I2-I3 clarity which would be the lowest grade diamonds available.  The chain is not going to have large diamond, it is not supposed to.  We have chains that do have larger more brilliant diamonds in 10k/18k White gold, but they do not cost $599.

We tried working with the buyer, by letting them exchange the item after 2 months, even though our return/exchange policy is 14 days and will continue to work with any warranty issues that might arrise.

I am sorry the buyer thought the necklace they purchased to be 10kt gold, if you were to read the description of the chain, these oversights can be avoided.

We are Top-Rated sellers on ebay and have been since 2004 with a 99.9% positive feedback with over 50,000 sales made.  This type of record does not come by selling items that are falsely advertised.

Thanks for reading.