Complaint Review: JF PRO Independent BMW Service

• Updated: Mon, March 31, 2014

• Reported By: Tiff — Tarzana California
JF PRO Independent BMW Service
14412 Victory Blvd. #B Van Nuys, California USA

JF PRO Independent BMW Service Jack I was ripped off. i paid money to get my car fixed and these guys were trying to milk me for every penny they could and they never fixed my car right. they are a complete scam and they will take your money and keep calling you and saying that there is more problems. my car is now in worst shape than it was when i went there.  Van Nuys California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: JF Pro Independent BMW

the owner had the nerves to try and milk another 2000 out of me and tell me there was additional problems. these guys are the worst mechanics and dont get fooled by the same cars that sit there, they use their own cars to make their business look like its busy. they are a scam. they first told me the expansion tank was the problem then when i paid them for that they then said that i neeeded a water pump after milking me for labor and parts they then went up on price for the cupholder.

they told me and my boyfriend it would be 120.00 for the cupholder then they went up to 165.00. this shop is a fraud. they never fixed my car right, instead he told me for him to do anything to my car it will cost more. they never stop milking their customers on repairs. they are a fraud and my car was never fixed it is shaking real bad and leaking and the coolant light keeps showing low. the same problem i had when i went there is still happening. this is the worst i ever experienced. they have no heart. they dont care about nothing but money.

This shop is a complete fraud. they took me for every penny i had then had the nerves to call me and ask for more money. they never fixed my car right. the owner the older guy . He first told me i only needed an expansion tank, he said that would be $380.00 bucks and the cupholder would be $120.00. then he calls me and said that i need a waterpump. he said that would be an andditional $1000 bucks. He said that without the waterpump my car would be in horrible shape. so i had to borrow money from a close friend of mines to get the additional funds to pay him for the waterpump

not to mention i already paid him for the expansion tnk and to replace the cupholder. so now after he installs the waterpump. i pick my car up and within 24hrs the car is running really bad. the car is shaking really bad and saying that the coolant level is low. this is the same problem i had when i took the car in. and when i popped my hood i see that he loosened my car so that it would shake on purpose. so i call the next day and explain the issue to him. he told me to bring the car back up there so he can take a look.

so i waited several days because my dad was sick in the hospital . so several days latter i take the car to him, he then tells me that he will look at it and if there is any problems he will have to charge me another fee. i told him there should be no additional fee my car was never fixed right in the first place. so he asked me to leave the car with him so he can diagnose it. so i left the car a little over an hour and he has a little note pad of fees that he is trying to charge me more more. so he now tries to milk me out of additional 1500-2000 bucks and has all these repairs written down.

i told him im not paying another penny because i was already milked out of a lot of money and my car is in worst shape now than it was when i went in there. this is a complete disaster and i cant believe that such conartist and scam artist exist. this is the worst mechanic shop i ever been to and they dont care bout their customers they only care about the money. they will milk you for every dollar they can and they wont stop. they will make your car ride bad on purpose so they can convince you that you need all this work done on the car. they have no heart and they will not fix your car right.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2014 03:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JF-PRO-Independent-BMW-Service-/Van-Nuys-California-91401/JF-PRO-Independent-BMW-Service-Jack-I-was-ripped-off-i-paid-money-to-get-my-car-fixed-an-1134966. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JF PRO Independent BMW Service

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

JF Pro Independent BMW

AUTHOR: ProBimmer - ()

to previous report/review, attn: Tiff

Hello, my name is Jack Fahuna. I own JF Pro Independent BMW located in Van Nuys, CA. JF Pro BMW is a reputable shop dealing specifically with BMWs & their owners. Our work varies from vintage/classic restoration to basic scheduled services. We pride ourselves in exceptional service/repairs and very flexible & competitive prices with 45+ years of experience on all models of BMW specializing in the classic 2002s and CS coupes.

Im sorry but not surprised of such reaction as from the previous post (Miss Tiff) which is why im here to rebuttle & provide my side of the story for the readers.

Tiff's 2005 525i BMW arrived at my shop on Monday the 3th on the month of March 2014. She came to my shop with concerns of overheating & coolant loss. At a glance & out of the shop i decided to take a quick look in case it just needed a top up, which is when i noticed the coolant reservoir was completely empty. I filled the reservour with coolant & noticed that the reservour was leaking & suggested replacement. Once she accepted the repairs, we decided on a time to get the car dropped off. Once the reservoir & broken reservoir cap were replaced, we noticed no circulation in her cooling system. We performed our first complete diagnosis to the vehicle which uncovered multiple faults in her vehicle which both did/did not pertain to her cooling issues. All faults & repairs needed were written down in her repair order & were completely explained to her and her boyfriend in detail.

Knowing full well what repairs were needed to be done with her vehicle, we procedded with replacing ONLY her mechanically faulty water pump, which Miss Tiff provided due to her concern of our prices and was told that customer's brought in parts will not be backed by our shops warrantee due to unknown magnufacturer and performance of part. We replaced her water pump with her brought in parts & bleed the cooling system with BMW coolant. Tested the cooling system & deleted the fault memory to clear any past & irrelevant coolant messages. Test drove her vehicle & assure all work done & cooling system was operating at peak performance. Before releasing her vehicle, i reminded her of further repairs needed to her vehicle and more importantly, fuel related issues which she declined. Client was also advised of possible damage to her head gasket due to constant refilling of coolant by her boyfriend and constantly driving with extremely low coolant in engine.

The next day she returned with complaints of her vehicle not running properly and coolant low messages. We immediately stopped vehicles we were working on to attend to her vehicle since it was a returned concern we had previously addressed. Once we opened her hood to perform an inspection we immediately realized a loose engine cover bolt (Miss Tiff's remark of loose engine parts) which has nothing to do with the engine's operation or performance which also intales that the vehicle was taken to another shop before being returned to us. Other tell tell signs like dirty covers & coollant/water droplets told us that the vehicle was taken somewhere else before being retuned to us as we did not give the car in such condition. None the less we inspected her vehicle & determined her coolant was indeed low. We topped off her coolant & inspected her entire cooling system & found no issues. We connected our diagnostic computer to her vehicle to determine her vehicle's performance concerns. We found no faults pertaining to her cooling system but found return fuel related faults which were previously stated to her and deleted on her last visit which tell us the problem is not only present but consistent. After perfoming a fuel tank leak test & Engine power management, we determined a faulty injector in cylinder #2 & a faulty tank purge valve, while also suggesing other needed repairs. She declined all and left unsatisfied.

To close, everything was explained and documented. No prices were changed and all our prices are "at list" with no mark up for customer satisfaction & all of our parts are OEM BMW certified parts. Miss Tiff openly admited to having 3 shops look at her vehicle between her visits to my shop. We were very offended by her attitude on all her visits and more so on her wrongful & factless report. It amazes me her report was even allowed to be posted and tarnish our reputation without any facts. As difficult as it was to do business with Miss Tiff, the time spent explaining everything in detail for her to understand her vehicle, we were still sad to lose her as a customer. We try very hard to work with our customers and their vehicles. Customer satisfaction is our goal and its just good business.

JF Pro Independent BMW