Complaint Review: Jiffy Lube North Ogden, UT

• Updated: Fri, August 30, 2013

• Reported By: Dissappointed — Utah
Jiffy Lube North Ogden, UT
1783 W 2700 N Farr West, Utah USA

Jiffy Lube North Ogden, UT Griffen Lube LLC#3379 Jiffy Lube overfilled engine oil by 2.5 quarts, destroyed Jeep engine! Farr West Utah

Jiffy Lube overfilled my oil in my Jeep Cherokee by 2.5 quarts. I did not know this could happen but I heard a strange noise a week later coming from engine, took it to mechanic and he said oil was over filled causing bearing and thrust damage. We changed oil to right fill line, new filter and stabilizer to save engine but it is now a costly repair. Jiffy Lube denied claim due to me going to mechanic first, technicians denied any wrong doing and on paperwork it states only 6 quarts, but mechanic measured over 8.

They will not speak to me or reply to emails. I'm a single mom and this financial loss has devastated me. I'm not a mechanic and trust people to at least do their job correctly especially when it could cost the customer thousands. This is my only vehicle and I loved it. I even remember the mechanic saying its a little full but thats ok, I had know idea this could happen. Never take you vehicle to these places, if they screw up they do no own up to it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2013 12:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jiffy-Lube-North-Ogden-UT/Farr-West-Utah-84404/Jiffy-Lube-North-Ogden-UT-Griffen-Lube-LLC3379-Jiffy-Lube-overfilled-engine-oil-by-25-1080517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jiffy Lube North Ogden, UT