Complaint Review: Jiffy Lube

• Updated: Sat, January 05, 2013

• Reported By: unsatisfied customer — Campbell River British Columbia Canada
Jiffy Lube
975 Ironwood Road Campbell River, British Columbia Canada

Jiffy Lube After they did a transmission flush, my van no longer goes into any of the lower gears. Campbell River, British Columbia Canada

*Author of original report: transmission flush

*UPDATE Employee: Jiffy Lube International Response

I went into Jiffy Lube for a simple oil change.  I was shown a pallet of what my transmission fluid should look like with the recommendation I purchase a flush.  I did and now my lower gears no longer work.  2 hours and 4 technicians later, they admitted they had no idea what to do.  They said they would contact one of the local garages for advice and get back to me.  I am still waiting.

I contacted my local Honda dealership to talk to the mechanic on duty.  After explaining the situation, he said to take the vehicle to ICBC, our insurance and have Jiffy Lube pay the deductible and any consequent charges for putting in a claim that would be incurred.

I am completely unsatisfied with Jiffy Lube and from what I read on the internet, so are a lot of other people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2013 06:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jiffy-Lube/Campbell-River-British-Columbia-/Jiffy-Lube-After-they-did-a-transmission-flush-my-van-no-longer-goes-into-any-of-the-low-990235. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jiffy Lube

transmission flush

AUTHOR: unsatisfied customer - (Canada)

Sorry, I've been advised by Ripoff Report to NOT include any email address in report.  I went to ICBC, Honda and Jiffy Lube today.  The Manager at Jiffy Lube is out of the country until the 15th.  I was told to go back then.  I emailed two Jiffy Lube representatives with this issue and have not heard back from them.  Very poor service.

Jiffy Lube International Response

AUTHOR: Jiffy Lube Customer Service - (United States of America)

Hi there - we are writing on behalf of Jiffy Lube International customer service. Were sorry to hear about your experience, and appreciate you reaching out. Our service centers are run by franchisees, so
wed like to share this feedback with the franchisee at the location you visited. Could you e-mail us with the best way to contact you at jiffy-lube-customer-service@shell.com? Thanks and we
look forward to connecting.