Complaint Review: Jiffy Lube

• Reported By: Ripped Off in Montana — Missoula Montana
Jiffy Lube
601 E. Broadway, Missoula, MT Missoula, Select State/Province USA

Jiffy Lube Upsale / Systhetic Oil / Ripoff Missoula Montana

Missoula, MT operator uses a scare tactic to upsale clients, stating that the manufacture requires systhetic oil or it will invalidate your manufactures warranty.  They make you sign a statement that holds them harmless for choosing convential oil.  The systhetic oil change is $75.00.  They told me that the manufacture states that I much use a systhetic oil on their commputer recommendation and on my vehicles oil cap.  However, when I insisted they showed me the language it said the the manufacture recommends a snythetic oil or equivelent and the oil camp oil list a broad range of oil weight.  I brought in a quart of Lucas Oil to add and they still charged me as if I had used the full five quart oil change amount.  My basic oil change was $45.00.  A total ripoff, using scare and fraudulent business practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2013 04:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jiffy-Lube/Missoula-Select-StateProvince-59802/Jiffy-Lube-Upsale-Systhetic-Oil-Ripoff-Missoula-Montana-1107482. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jiffy Lube