Complaint Review: jiffy lube

• Updated: Sun, April 24, 2011

• Reported By: jammon — phoenix Arizona United States of America
jiffy lube
2005 cactus rd. phoenix, Arizona United States of America

jiffy lube #1664 store manager Store manager is denying me workmans comp.because he did not turn in paperwork.Aint the first time this has happend to him. phoenix, Arizona

*Author of original report: SCAMMERS;BRAIN AND KEETH AT 1664

*Consumer Comment: a get a lawyer

*General Comment: me43 here

*Consumer Comment: Several issues here, but don't mix them.

*Author of original report: jiffy lube #1664

I had a work related injury and had to go to the ER.to get it taken care of. I signed a workmans comp.report because my injury happend at work. Now the manager is saying that my injury did not happend at work and is saying i am trying to fraud the company over $105.50. He did not report the injury to anyone and now he is trying to cover his butt. He went as far as to tell me i have a choice to make.He pretty much said to say this injury did not happend at work or lose my job. He has twice tryed to send me home and asked me what i wanted to do clock in or go home. This is not the first time that this manager has not filed the proper paper work and has been introuble with the company before over a sutuation simaler to this one. This manager is very disrespectful to some of his employes. He is trying to get me to quit my job so all this will go away. This is not going to go away and he is going to have to own up to the mistake that he has made. This manager makes us clock out when there is not a car on the lot. I allways thought when your at work your at work,right? I work my butt off for $7.40 for this company i think i deserve a little more respect than i am getting from this manager.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2011 09:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/jiffy-lube/phoenix-Arizona-85022/jiffy-lube-1664-store-manager-Store-manager-is-denying-me-workmans-compbecause-he-did-no-710704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on jiffy lube

SCAMMERS;BRAIN AND KEETH AT 1664

AUTHOR: jammon - (United States of America)

brain is the manager at jiffy lube 1664,he thinks he can get away with lieing to his boss lisa  she is probally just as crooked as the assant manager keath he dont know it yet but he in alot of trouble. is it really worth 12 bucks hour to do what you guys do up there.Jiffy lube will try to scam you into buying anything.brain or keeth are traind scamers,thats what they do.you think you are going there to get an oil change for the gosh awfull price of 37.99 and end up paying 137.99.espeshaly to the old ladys .thats why the men dont let there old ladys go there alone and when they do they are on the phone with them the whole time.SCAMMERS!!!so brain and keeth injoy your job wile you have it.buy the time my atterneys are done with you and jiffy lube .Ill own jiffy lube.

a get a lawyer

AUTHOR: justask - (United States of America)

I am fairly certain that him not filing the report is illegal.  I have never looked at the laws in AZ but an pretty sure it is illegal for him to do that.  good luck

#3 General Comment

me43 here

AUTHOR: Bill d - (U.S.A.)

ok--first off--you do not specify what the injury is----but your comment of 105 dollars sounds like it was something really stupid----your fault for not posting specifics!!-----in any case---i know what it is like to lose a job and get fired---but in all seriousness---your talkin about a job at jiffy lube makin 7.40 an hour-------if you are genuinly a good worker(in a general sense) and you have a good knowledge of cars and how to fix them and work them--then you as a mechanic should have no problem finding a job--it may take some searching--but auto techs are always in demand and that is why i like this field--i am certified and finding jobs has never been to hard--even during this "great recession"----so get it over it---move on and go forward

Several issues here, but don't mix them.

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

First of all, you have an appeal process with workman's comp that you need to use.

Your appeal will start an investigation.

As far as the manager making you clock out during the work day, that is illegal if you are forced to be in a state of readiness to serve customers or to perform any work related task. The next time he tells you to punch out. Do it. Then go home and stay there until he calls you back.

It appears that you also have a "hostile workplace" complaint.

Stay off the phone.

All complaints must be in writing.

Certified mail, return reciept requested.

You might want to hone your spelling and grammar skills before writing those letters.

Get a labor lawyer.

Or, contact a local union organizer and start an organing campaign there. Sounds like you need a union.

jiffy lube #1664

AUTHOR: jammon - (United States of America)

The manager is still saying my injury did not happen at work,and a week latter the assaint manager told me that they did'nt need people like me at the shop and told me i was termanated and my pay check will be mailed to me.So now i am out of a job over this mess.