Complaint Review: jim norton toyota of oklahoma city

• Submitted: Mon, May 19, 2014
  • Updated: Mon, May 19, 2014

• Reported By: Luther — Ardmore Oklahoma
jim norton toyota of oklahoma city
8401 NW Expressway oklahoma city, Oklahoma USA

jim norton toyota of oklahoma city jim RIP-OFF norton toyota--- DO NOT buy from this dealership. oklahoma city Oklahoma

*Author of original report: Read more carefully

*Consumer Comment: Why?

I had done a lot of online research in order to find a better deal in a large city when i found the jim RIP-OFF norton web site.  They had advertised a new 2013 van with all of the extras, there was 2 pages of extras listed on their web site and there was also 78 pictures of the van, so I called and made the deal for the van for $31,000.  I went to my bank and got a certified check so I would not have to carry all that cash.  When I arrived at the dealereship I was isolated and not allowed to test drive any vehicles while I waited for the internet mgr. to arrive, some 2 hrs later.  After I had made the eal and paid for the van, I was finally allowed to see the van.  It was not new, it had like 470 miles on it and the only extra it had was a dvd player- the one extra I have absolutely no use for.  I am guessing that I had to wait for the internet mgr. because the van I was given was his demo van.  It had absolutely no new car smell and has a stain on the drivers carpet that will not come up, plus he kept telling me it was being cleaned up for me. I had asked about the tow package that was listed as an extra because my wife is wheelchair bound and I am a disabled vet so this is something that I desperately needed, he told me that all new vans come with a tow package.  Guess what?  My van does not have it and am now going to have to pay extra for something that "all new vans come with".    Needless to say I have been ripped off to the max and I would have been here sooner except I only just heard of your website from a newspaper article I read this morning.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2014 01:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/jim-norton-toyota-of-oklahoma-city/oklahoma-city-Oklahoma/jim-norton-toyota-of-oklahoma-city-jim-RIP-OFF-norton-toyota-DO-NOT-buy-from-this-deal-1147956. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on jim norton toyota of oklahoma city

Read more carefully

AUTHOR: ironman25652 - ()

If you will read the original report carefully instead of just skimming over it you will see that I had seen the vehicle that I thought I was buying on the internet (the 78 pictures), and had made the deal based on the information that was given to me on the net (the 2 pages of extras). Next time read more carefully, or do I need to get an adult to read it for you and explain it to you?

Why?

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Why would you wait "issolated" for over 2 hours?

Why would you hand over 30K to purchase a van sight unseen?

Seriously, you can't be that stupid, but if by chance you are I highly suggest that the next time you go buy a car you take a responsible adult with you.  Whether or not they Ripped you off is impossible to say, but if anything YOU let them do it.