Complaint Review: Jim Walter Homes - Walter Mortgage Company

• Updated: Fri, May 07, 2010

• Reported By: Sheila — Vancleave Mississippi United States of America
Jim Walter Homes - Walter Mortgage Company
4211 W. Boy Scout Blvd. Tampa, Florida United States of America

Jim Walter Homes - Walter Mortgage Company Walter Investment Management Corporation, Jim Walter Homes Linda Cloby Paid in full still owed, was cursed at, informal proceeding of foreclosure Tampa, Florida

Linda Colby said I paid in full. I still got a bill the next month for $980. They keep trying to force their insurance on us and we can't find any other insurance that will insure a Jim Walter home. Jim Walter only provides 90% of building services the other 10% is left up to the consumer, whether it be electric, plumbing, painting, etc. What they tell you in (fine print) the contract is that you are left with the 10% to complete the home with no knowledge of what that 10% could be. They keep reefering us to Linda Colby but we refuse to deal with her because she has conducted herself in a very unprofessional manner (cursing at us over the phone and telling us that if we didn't have the payment there the next day to take our money and rent a uhaul). I refuse to deal with someone in such an unprofessional manner. A lawyer sent a letter to me saying he saw an afidavit for foreclosure in the courthouse and I have not recieved any notice of such a foreclosure from the company. It seems they would be more willing to work with my husband and I because we are both disabled. All I would like is a little bit of common courtesy and respect from someone in the company that can tell me what is actually going on with my home preceedings.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2010 04:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jim-Walter-Homes-Walter-Mortgage-Company/Tampa-Florida-33607/Jim-Walter-Homes-Walter-Mortgage-Company-Walter-Investment-Management-Corporation-Jim-W-600906. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jim Walter Homes - Walter Mortgage Company