Complaint Review: Jim Weaver Auto repair

• Reported By: Laura Drysdale — Dunedin Florida
Jim Weaver Auto repair
2065 Gentry St Clearwater, Florida USA

Jim Weaver Auto repair Automotive Repair Clearwater Florida

*Author of original report: Mr. Weaver refused to fix my car.

I took my car to Jim Weaver for a turn-up & oil change On Feb. 12, 2014. (no need to pull apart engine) A few days later he calls & says your timing chain need replacing. ( my husband knowing nothing about cars give the OK) When he told me I went down to see it for myself. He had the whole top of my engine apart some pieces of plastic saying it came from my car. Then tells me I went ahead and replaced your water pump it was going to go out in 6 mos. anyway so instead of paying me again, I saved you some money. (Never agreed to the water pump) He said it would be done in a couple days he was waiting on the other timing chain. (because there is 3 of them & they only sent 2) So I waited. 2 weeks later he calls and say it's ready, just need to take it for a test drive. I get a call back and he tells me that something went wrong and he now needs to replace vals and head gaset. But don't worrie you won't have to pay anymore since it was his fault. [continued below]....

..... For the next mouth it was many calls and many lines of bullshit. I waiting on the Vals to get back from the shop in Ocala Florida.Now we are into April. On April 14.2014 I called to find out what was going on this time. He told me that he reaaly had all the parts and was goung to put it back together I would have it by Wednessday or Thursday. So I called on Thursday still no car He told me it should be done today but I get it done and you will be driving it by the week end. Monday I went to see what he had done on my car and it is the same way as it was went he first pulled it apart. I asked him what's up the weekend has came and gone. He says sorry I've been so busy. I replied You have had my car since Feb. 12.2014 It should be the first to be finished. I have the money to pay you for what we agreed to. I'm losing money everyday you have my car, I know a couple more days. I hope someone can help me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2014 08:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jim-Weaver-Auto-repair/Clearwater-Florida-337665/Jim-Weaver-Auto-repair-Automotive-Repair-Clearwater-Florida-1142604. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jim Weaver Auto repair

Mr. Weaver refused to fix my car.

AUTHOR: Laura Drysdale - ()

I tried once again to give him a chance to make this right, but NO go. Mr. Weaver has refused to fix what he ripped apart. He told me to come get your car , because after I put my story on here to protect other consumers from the same problem. He won't fix my car. Today I had it towed to a Chevy Dealer to see just what he did and how to fix it. I'm afraid of what he's done. BE AFRAID BE VERY AFRAID of JIM WEAVER AUTO REPAIR.