Complaint Review: JLM ADVERTISING

• Submitted: Tue, July 12, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, August 01, 2005

• Reported By:Irving Texas
JLM ADVERTISING
7227 POUTER DR HOUSTON, Texas U.S.A.

JLM ADVERTISING Work at home scam, ripoff HOUSTON Texas

*Consumer Comment: The address giving to the Harris County Clerk

*Consumer Comment: BEWARE of Work-At-Home Opportunities (SCAMS!)

I had about a month ago, paid JLM Advertisng so that i could get started working at home asap for the data entry position.

I paid in the amount of 14.95USD and it was almost immediatley transmitted from my account.

I had emailed them NUMEROUS times also but everytime i did i would get a failure message in my email. I tried emailing customer service also. But no response every time.

I can no longer trust any company ever again online!

Sunny
Irving, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2005 04:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JLM-ADVERTISING/HOUSTON-Texas-77082/JLM-ADVERTISING-Work-at-home-scam-ripoff-HOUSTON-Texas-149479. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JLM ADVERTISING

The address giving to the Harris County Clerk

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

You can go to the following website and do a search for JLM Advertising. This site is the Harris County Clerk's office for assumed names.

You will find that the address given is:
7565 Fallbrook Drive
Houston, Texas 77086

In order to obtain an assumed name with the county, you must provide a government issued photo id. Therefore, the name that you will find is the actual owner of JLM Advertising.

I hope that this helps you in getting your complaint solved.

BEWARE of Work-At-Home Opportunities (SCAMS!)

AUTHOR: Quetta - (U.S.A.)

I know for a fact is that if this is indeed a company, it is operating out of a residence with no visible signs advertising a business. I live one the same street as the company, and all the homes on that street are private residences. I know the people in that particular residence and they have never mentioned to me (a single parent) any work at home opportunities.

Anyone trying to do the work-at-home thing, BEWARE! There are alot of "companies" advertising online and they are anything but legit. I have seen instances where there isn't even a phone number to reach a live person. For months I searched for work at home opportunities to save money on daycare, but I have given up until I can find a legitimate company that won't "take my money, send me a bunch of crap in the mail, and run." I went ahead and took a regular 9-5 and settled for paying daycare fees.

With all that being said, if a company is asking for start up fees, registration fees and other related fees, please do a thorough investigation on that company before throwing away hard earned money.