Complaint Review: J&M Car Audio

• Updated: Wed, February 05, 2014

• Reported By: bobbyb — FT Drum New York
J&M Car Audio
8268 State Route 3 Harrisville NY 13648 Harrisville, New York USA

J&M Car Audio Afternoon Sir, I am writing you today as a concerned citizen about a problem I have with a local business. I made a complaint with the Attorney Generals office this past Friday. Harrisville New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Wow

*Author of original report: Do not do business with this man, please!

*Author of original report: Since when is wanting your money back harassment?!!! WOW

*Author of original report: When you pay for service and do not receive ANY service, shouldnt you get your money back?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Hmm

*Author of original report: IT TAKES A JUDGE TO GET A REFUND BACK!!??? WOW

*Author of original report: Far from a pencil pusher! LMFAO

*Author of original report: The pictures speak for themselves... email me and ill send the State Trooper report as well as emails from my JAG Lawyer

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: complete bull

Basically, Mike Alexander of JM Car audio received $1,000 cash from me, left my car outside when he told me it was being worked on. Kept my money and did absolutely nothing to the car. He has made several promises to repay his debt but has failed to do so. Hes nothing more than a liar and a con artist.

As a 23 plus year veteran I do not think what this person, Mike Alexander has done. I am willing to go to any length to keep this guy from conducting business in watertown with any Service member. If he has done this to me, how many other veterans and Service members will he do this to. These are the events that took place: On Oct. 24th of 2013 I made an agreement with Mike Alexander of JMCaraudio in Harrissville to do certain work on my car, a 1995 Ford Mustang GT. I gave Mike Alexander $500 cash at his home at 25066 Cooper Ave Calcium NY 13616-2166. I agreed to let him drive it to his place of business from his residence in Calcium NY which is just outside of FT Drum. [continued below]....

..... He told me that he would put the brakes on my car the following Tuesday the 29th of October. He called me Tue or Wed the following week complaining that $500 was not enough to get started on the paint job he was suppose to do and that he needed more money. I drove to his house once again and gave him $300 more in cash. I would text throughout the week asking for a status on the car with no reply for 2 to 3 days at a time. He called me back giving me a sob story about how his "wife" ran into the garage and his truck broke down and he needed the reamaining money for repairs or he could not finish my car. So, once again I gave him more cash, $200 which paid my debt in full of $1,000. Thanksgiving came and I shot Mike a text asking him about the car due to the fact that my daughter was starting college and my wife was in the hospital in Watertown in serious condition. He gave me a hostile reply saying that, "I don't conduct business on holidays." But yet Mike had no problem receiving cash from me. Now I figured that something was up cause when Mke Alexander was telling me that this and that was being done, I made numerous trips by his shop in Harrissville and saw my car, untouched, snow piling on ETC. So I knew since mid November he was a liar. I told Mike I was picking my car up Sunday the 1ST of Dec. He told me it was indoors and had a fresh coat of, "unprepped paint on it" I knew that was a lie due to the fact the day before I drove by his shop and saw the car still sitting in the same spot for almost 40 days. I came out the following morning to pick the car up along with NY State Trooper Terry Countryman who witnessed the facts of the cars status. Unmoved, untouched, doors unlocked, new brakes still in the truck, in the box. Basically Mike Alexander has no respect for the military and stole $1,000 cash from me and to this day has not paid back a dime. He made several promises to myself, my jag lawyer to pay back the money but has not. He sent disgusting emails to me along with threats which I reported. But the fact remains, this is a con artist and a thief. He has no morals or intergrity and his business should be off limits to Service members. He states on his, "business receipts that all work is done by qualified JM personnel and offers 100 percent satisfaction or your money back." He has a private that works on cars at his shop by the name of Ryan Wallace who is active duty military, far from qualified. Mike Alexanders home number is 315 629-6115. His, “business” number is 315-685-0010

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2014 12:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JM-Car-Audio/Harrisville-New-York-13648/JampM-Car-Audio-Afternoon-Sir-I-am-writing-you-today-as-a-concerned-citizen-about-a-pr-1121158. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J&M Car Audio

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Wow

AUTHOR: jmcaraudio - ()

Look how many times you have posted on this site. It's like you have no life. Anyone with common sense can see if you post this much crap on a website you probably are the kind to harass. And I emailed you last night bout your money but you lied again about an auto response from yahoo.

So ya calling someone daily after you were given a due date is harassment. Texting someone every day about your money when you have lied numerous times of where to pay it is harassment.

But it you just keep on posting here and see how far it gets you. And FYI I received a call from someone who read all this. Just installed an autostarter in his vehicle. He knew you and knew what we were going through. We both laughed.

Do not do business with this man, please!

AUTHOR: bobbyb - ()

Mike hasnt done anything but hide from everybody.  I invited him to my home several times to work out alternate payment plans which have all failed!  He says I tried to sell my car to somebody??? HE offered to buy it! LOL All I can say is,, WOW, what a con artist.  If you want details, come to the Inspector Generals office in Clark Hall for a full report!

Since when is wanting your money back harassment?!!! WOW

AUTHOR: bobbyb - ()

I guess asking for your money back for over 90 days is harassment! LMFAO  Were not talking about 10 bucks! LOL $1,000! So, basically when you deal with Mike from J&M audio, dont expect any results! And please, DONT ASK FOR YOUR MONEY BACK!  Thats harassment! WTF???   Well see what the judge has to say about your , "parts ordered" and "harassment" LOL freakin con artist!! LMFAO

AUTHOR: bobbyb - ()

Like I said, if you have any doubts or your about to do business with this guy.. Come see me first at Clark Hall on Ft Drum Inspector Generals office.  Ill provide you with the same proof I gave Jag, BBB,  Attorney Generals office in Watertown, Trooper Terry Countryman, ACS on Ft. Drum.

AUTHOR: bobbyb - ()

No matter how Mr. Alexander tries to sway the story, he owes me $1,000.  Call me at the Ft Drum Inspector Generals office and Ill send you the police report, emails from JAG to myself.  Texts from Mr. Alexander telling me hes going to drop off a check on Monday the 1st. of Dec.  90 days and no mention of parts ordered till now, LOL.  Emails from J&M about a payment agreement of my money back.  All of these things.. It doesnt matter what the circumstances are why I took the car back 45 days after Mike had it parked and NEVER moved.

His own co worker told me this and I drove by numerous times during November.  The point is, paid money, no service, Repay the customer!!  But apparently there are some mysterious parts ordered.  I provided the brakes in the box. The box was untouched in the trunk!! For 45 days!  I have a daughter starting college in Dec. which he knew about cause we were at his house!!!  He talkes a good game I tell you that.  Any questions email me and Ill send the documents to you along with the receipt PAID IN FULL.  Who pays in full in advance for work??????   Well, dont pay this guy anything till the work is done!

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Hmm

AUTHOR: jmcaraudio - ()

Maybe if you didn't harass people all the time. Or maybe if you didn't lie about collection agencies and finally maybe if you didn't jump the gun before the car was even due to be done and picked it up.

But you do what you gotta do sir. As we are pursuing legal actions against you. When your served post that here. Maybe somebody will pity u then.

IT TAKES A JUDGE TO GET A REFUND BACK!!??? WOW

AUTHOR: bobbyb - ()

Point blank, I paid cash on OCT 24th... Nothing was done.. Not a penny paid back.. No parts were ordered, battery dead, doors unlocked. Call NY State trooper Countryman. He was there...  DONT PAY THIS GUY CASH CAUSE YOULL NEVER SEE IT AGAIN!!

Far from a pencil pusher! LMFAO

AUTHOR: bobbyb - ()

This just goes to show you the lack of contact made by this, "businessman"  Im an infantyman. Did 5 tours in Iraq.  I have a bronze star and a CIB with a star.  Like I said, email me and I will send the police report, text messages etc.

AUTHOR: bobbyb - ()

You have to ask yourself, why doesnt this guy just refund the money? He doesnt have any reason... You decide.But, he will have his day at small claims court where he will tell the judge he orderded parts but that doesnt matter.  If he ordered parts, what parts?  I provided the parts.. LOL  A scammer is a scammer and they all get their just deserves.

#10 REBUTTAL Owner of company

complete bull

AUTHOR: jmcaraudio - ()

This was before Robert Bauer decided to lie to me and send me false emails from a yahoo account stating it was a collection agency.

And as a 23 year veteran, Robert Bauer has tried his hardest to abuse his rank, and give orders to people and use his powers to persuade people to do what he wants.

Such as lying and using his rank to try to ruin peoples carreers.

This is also a lie.. As Bauer called and said his wife was in the hospital.. and may need the car ASAP.  i then informed him that i would not work on the car until he told me one way or the other.

Another lie.  As i had called him to give him an update of the vehicle, he had told me he was trying to hide this from his wife and wanted to bring down $300 to me so he could hide it better from his wife.

And by his own statement, we were doing a paint job, brakes, autostart, and fixing his window.. With only $500 down? who does that?  or doesnt it seem a bit more logical that it was a deposit for parts to be ordered? you be the judge

This was because he was texting me daily and when i did respond i told him the car would not be done until December the 2nd.

Again total BS.. as to why would my home garage repair have anything to do with his car in a different location?

SO which was it? your wife was in hospital? or your daughter was starting collage?  i think who ever reads this can see your pattern.

Receiving payment from someone and doing business on a holiday are 2 separate things.

As you can see in this statement Poor Mr. Bauer is trying to make this into a dramatic event.  Stating i have no respect for the military.  However this has absolutly nothing to do with the military.  It simply has to do with a customer who talks out his butt..  says yes i fully understand it will take a certain amount of time.  then harrassess me daily.  when i do respond its "oh, well no rush"..

But i thought i had no respect for the military?

who is active duty military, far from qualified.

Hmmm seems Mr Bauer has no respect for his own peers.  Or maybe this is more proof of his character.

Now folks reading this, i'll explain why poor Mr Bauer hasnt received his money.
First off he has done nothing but harrass me and had his lil cronies harrass me.
He has lied to me several times about where i needed to pay his money to.
He has used his rank to try and gain goods from people who donate their time at my shop.

And I have been informed by a real attorney to not pay this person back until we go to court as JM Car Audio has filed a law suit against Mr Bauer as well as taken other actions inside of the military relm.

If he was half the man he claims to be he would have had his car finished.  This is the same 1995 Ford Mustang he tried to scam somebody to buy for $10,000 and tried to have this person get a high interest loan on a privates pay to do so.

Again this is a 23 year pencil pushing veteran who has done nothing for himself but complain and whine instead of being a man.