Complaint Review: JMD Sox Outlet Oak Forest

• Updated: Tue, February 25, 2014

• Reported By: fanny — Tinley Park Illinois
JMD Sox Outlet Oak Forest
6220 159th St, Oak Forest, IL 60452 Oak Forest, Illinois USA

JMD Sox Outlet Oak Forest Did not warranty a pair of Carhartt gloves bought the previous day all we wanted was an exchange but NO the manager claimed to be an expert so I called Carhartt in the parking lot before I even left. I was furious!!! Oak Forest Illinois

*Author of original report: Get Your Facts Straight

*General Comment: SO...

We bought a pair of Carhartt work gloves and within a day they ripped/seam came apart in the thumb area.  I went to only EXCHANGE them the next day and paid in cash but the manager at the JMD Sox Outlet said it was not guaranteed to be exchanged based on the ripped seam- in her "expert" estimation is wasn't the seam that ripped but irregardless we just bought them the day before (manufacturer responsibility/warrenty) - when did she become an expert on work gloves besides the fact the warranty from the manufacturer should have been an option - but she said NO WE WILL NOT EXCHANGE THEM your SOL.  I was livid!! So before I even left the store, I claimed that I will never patron that store ever again so it was known verbally as I was walking out of the door as well as before I left the parking lot I was on the phone with Carhartt.  We are being sent a replacement pair of work gloves, after an email and a couple of pic's on my part including the packaging/receipt pic's. [continued below]....

.....  DONE!!! FUDGE SOX OUTLET FOREVER!!!!! LAZY!!!! AND WHO KNOW'S they obviously can or think they can lose customers. We happen to also be in the market for coveralls - TOTALLY OVERPRICED, go to Farm & Fleet for MUCH, MUCH better deals and I'm sure guarantee's/warrenties on their products.  ADIOS JMD SOX!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2014 07:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JMD-Sox-Outlet-Oak-Forest/Oak-Forest-Illinois-60452/JMD-Sox-Outlet-Oak-Forest-Did-not-warranty-a-pair-of-Carhartt-gloves-bought-the-previous-1126562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JMD Sox Outlet Oak Forest

Get Your Facts Straight

AUTHOR: fanny - ()

My only response to your rebuttal is to GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT and your response also reflects that you obviously weren't even there. I love the way you "twisted" the story. I spoke the truth about the situation is why I am getting my gloves exchanged.  HMMMMM truth prevailing in the end, what a concept.

Lastly, your response reflects how you run your business and how you treat your customers.  I've seen quite a few other reviews regarding your "lovely" female manager.  Her name wasn't even worth getting.

P.S.  My new gloves are on their way to my front door - I did get my way in the end and you definitely lost more than just me as a customer, trust me.

#2 General Comment

SO...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

So YOU tore your gloves that you had purchased the previous day and are mad that the store WILL NOT take back broken merchadise? Does that about sum it up?? Hate to break it to you, but NO retailer is going to exchange a product that YOU have damaged. You can CLAIM its shoddy workmanship, but we both know better. You KNOW that you damaged the product. YOU KNEW that they were not going to exchange it. But you went in anyways and made a scene because they didnt give you your way.

This is ALL on you. YOU damaged the gloves during YOUR work. Stop acting like a little spoiled child. When are people like yourself going to learn that the retail market no longer buys your BS stories. THEY HAVE HEARD THEM ALL!!! At the end of the day, YOU damaged the product and the retailer is under ZERO obligation to replace them AFTER YOU have damaged them. I say its GREAT for them that you no longer wish to shop there. You WERE a customer but QUICKLY turned into a SCAMMER when a small bit of misfortune happens to you.

All this sounds to me that you wanted IMMEDIATE satisfaction and when the store tells you that YOU have to go through the manufacturer you make a scene. Its stupid little sheep like you that make working in retail a HELL. Self entitled little twits who think the world HAS to bend to their desires. Guess what, the world doesnt have to do anything except provide a patch of dirt to bury you in. EVERYTHING else WILL go on without you around. So youre NOT that important. Stop expecting people and businesses to treat you that way.

You call THEM lazy?? You are the lazy one. When told you have to go through the manufacturer you make a scene because YOU dont want to wait or do the work. It isnt until you are asked to leave that you do what you were supposed to. Like a said, a spoiled little child who really shouldnt be shopping if they cant figure out the easy stuff.

And FYI: They LAUGHED at you after you left. How do I know this?? Simple, you had a rediculous request and when you didnt get your way, you showed your ass. Yea, they laughed REALLY hard at you.