Complaint Review: Joanne Soward

• Updated: Wed, July 24, 2013

• Reported By: Robin — Texas
Joanne Soward
Port Aransas, Texas USA

Joanne Soward Port A Weddings No deposit refund after she made it clear she did not want to do our wedding! Port Aransas Texas

Text Joanne on 6/17 to set up appt for Fri 7/19. She text me back and set appt for sat 7/20 at 11am. Called her on Thurs 7-18 with no response, called on Fri, she answered, said she was busy and would have to call me back. she did not. On Sat no call, at 8:45 I texted her. Are you meeting us. no answer, 11:30 I called again, her daughter answered, and said she had no idea what happened that she would have her call. At 3:30 in afternoon we got a call. At that time I was upset we had driven 5 hours to meet her and she did not call me back or remember our appt. So I ask her how was I to trust that she would take care of our wedding if she could not take care of a appt. She said she was sorry but she did not think she could please me about 5 times. Making me feel she no longer wanted to do our wedding. She just wanted to blame me for being hard to deal with. She said she was in the middle of a wedding and could not meet with us until later. when she text me late that day I told her we had decided to take care of it ourselves. she then wrote back. I just read your texts. I WAS at my office this morning from 10-12 meeting with a bride and groom. Did you knock? Obviously she had forgot our appt and scheduled someone else. I then told her I had no idea where her office was and that's why I called and she never called me back. So I ask her when I could pick up my deposit today or tomorrow. no answer. The next morning I sent a text at 10 saying I had not heard from her. She text this. " I've reviewed all this and 1.You have my address on your invoice. (I did not think I needed invoice.) 2. Please read our contract, I reserved that date and deposits are non refundable. 3. I did not breech the contract in any way. 4.Contract says all communication will be followed up by bride in an email. Therefore, there will not be a refund. Beware!!! you are stuck with her no matter what she doesn't do! and she is not very professional! check BBB! only been in bus since 2010! check BBB!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2013 03:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joanne-Soward/Port-Aransas-Texas-78373/Joanne-Soward-Port-A-Weddings-No-deposit-refund-after-she-made-it-clear-she-did-not-want-1069804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Joanne Soward