Complaint Review: Joe Aghajan of Cars R US Imports Inc

• Updated: Mon, July 22, 2013

• Reported By: A Warning to all — Gainesville Florida
Joe Aghajan of Cars R US Imports Inc
2870 FORSYTH RD, STE 1210 WINTER PARK, Florida USA

Joe Aghajan of Cars R US Imports Inc Joe Aghajan Fraud car dealer putting customers lives at risk WINTER PARK Florida

*Consumer Comment: Hey "Warning"...

*Consumer Comment: Then good luck..you are going to need it

*Author of original report: You're a joke

*Consumer Comment: Typical BS

*Author of original report: What are you talking about

*Consumer Comment: So..

I would like to bring to your attention the unfair and unethical business practices of the individual Joe Aghajan.

On February 15th, I was mislead and scammed into purchasing a vehicle I was told was safe and ran properly.
the vehicle almost killed me on my way home from Orlando to Gainesville and broke down in less than 24 hours leaving stranded and having to walk home. The car was then impounded in which I had to pay hundreds of dollars to have it towed. The diagnostic showed, the car was a lethal and dangerous threat to anyone who drove it.

It was diagnosed that the repairs would be over $4,000 dollars and still if repaired would be considered unsafe.

I made several attempts to reach an amicable agreement with Joe. I also tried engaging legal help but have not been able to get an attorney due to the fees. I want to emphasize, I was in a car accident before buying this car that left me with a severe back injury. I also was a college student and had to replace the car I lost in the accident. I was given a certain amount of money by my insurance company ( not enough) and due to the fact they totaled my car was placed in a situation where I had to buy a car of reasonable value.

Mr. Aghajan knew my situation and I entrusted him with my care enough to take his word this car was safe and reliable. He lied and put not only my life at risk but the lives of others on the road.

I would like this man investigated and prosecuted as I feel he is not running a legitimate business. His practices are putting people's lives at risk. He has ruined my life and I am tired of fighting him to do the right thing and refund me the money spent plus, any additional cost I have had to pay to get the vehicle from impound etc. I have told him he is free to take back the car, he has refused.

I would like to inform others who may deal with this man to stay far far away. If he has wronged you I encourage you to report him to the department of motor vehicles.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2013 11:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joe-Aghajan-of-Cars-R-US-Imports-Inc/WINTER-PARK-Florida-32792/Joe-Aghajan-of-Cars-R-US-Imports-Inc-Joe-Aghajan-Fraud-car-dealer-putting-customers-lives-1069263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Joe Aghajan of Cars R US Imports Inc

Hey "Warning"...

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Its quite OBVIOUS you are the joke and to say the least, an a**.  Go ahead, now say I must work for them too.  You bought the car "AS IS" you have NO case.  End of story!

Then good luck..you are going to need it

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

You keep saying you have this documentation...well based on your report this is what you have.

You have the report from the mechanic who looked the car over before you bought it that says there are no issues.

You have the sales contract that says you bought the car As-Is.

You have some mysterious impound bill

You have ONE estimate from a mechanic as to what repairs are required.

I am not a lawyer..never said I was..just someone who is going to give you some advise you need to think about.

But again, you don't even need a lawyer.  The amount of the repairs is below the Small Claims Maximimum in just about every State.  If you talked to all of these lawyers they probably told you the aspects of law that they think you have a case on.  So go take this person to court yourself.  As for costs..again as mentioned you could probably do it for under $100 and if money is a big issue in some cases there may even be fee waivers.  Not only that but if you prevail the judge will require the dealer to pay you back those fees.

But when you go there even IF(and that is a big IF) you were able to prove that the dealer is liable for repairs, having only one estimate is going to be a problem.  Because the judge is going to have no idea how accurate that is.    As I said before if you truly did have a mechanic look over the car before you bought it, then that is where you need to focus your efforts. Because you have a much better chance against him than the dealer.

You're a joke

AUTHOR: A Warning to all that inhabit the earth - ()

This is my last initial response to you. You're not a lawyer neither do you know the full extent of the law and what can and cannot be done. I have consulted with various attorney's who do believe I have a case its just coming up with the initial retainer fee that was a problem.

I do not have to disclose where my car broke down to you or what time or place as its none of your business. All documentation has been received by an attorney I have consulted with and he belives I have a case.

Calling me an idiot and being completely and utterly disgusting on the internet does nothing but weaken your case.

I have the documentation from where it was impounded and everything else in-between. Again this was a summary of events to warn others about this man's dangerous business practices. I will not engage with your hostile behavior anymore since you refuse to be civilized.

Again, to all those reading this report, Please keep in mind that this person does not have all the documentation about the incident that occured, If you would like to contact me individually, i will  gladly  share my story and my documentation with those who are appropriate and aren't pseudo lawyers.

Typical BS

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

You know EXACTLY what I am talking about..and like others you just spout off the typical BS because you don't like it pointed out when you may be... wrong.

First of all if you truly had a mechanic look it over BEFORE you bought it(which is doubtful), and they weren't able to detect any issues then you truly do need a lawyer..to go after that mechanic.

Next, if you knew anything about this site you would realize how stupid you come off by saying that I am an employee.  As that is Standard Operating Procedure when someone says something that they don't like.  If you actually looked around you would know that not only have I been accused of working for probably no less than a couple dozen companies..I don't work for ANY of them.

Then we get to some of your interesting comments.

- No...the reason you don't have a laywer is because you don't have a case.  If you actually had a case you would have lawyers lining up to take your case on a contingency basis where you don't pay any money up front.  But because they know you won't win..it is a loss for them.

Where I took the vehicle was to a very reliable mechanic in gainesville

- Is that mechanic as reliable as the one who missed every single issue?

The car ALMOST killed me that was the key word ALMOST!

- Wow..just like I ALMOST won the lottery..the key work is ALMOST.  It was soo close...I might as well have said I won it because I know I would have if I had only bought a ticket and selected the same 6 numbers.

- Yet 2 times and still have no idea how or even where it broke down..or how it really got impounded and the repair estimate got up to $4000.

What are you talking about

AUTHOR: A Warning to all that inhabit the earth - ()

You stating that I exhagerated an event and making up events in my story is ridculous. Please stop trying to be an attorney I have given a brief summary of the events that have taken place. You happened to partially read the story and include things that were never even stated.

I did have a mechanic that looked at the car and he said it checked out prior to purchase. Thats null and void as not all mechanics know what they are doing. And getting a second opinion, you must think I have the money and resources to keep towing this car around. Where I took the vehicle was to a very reliable mechanic in gainesville. The car 's repairs were estimated at the price given.

Also, please do not assume you know everything. I could tell by your smart a*s comments you have a hard time with reading comprehension. The reason I haven't gotten a lawyer yet is because of fees I need to pay not because of the "As Is" circumstance.

The car ALMOST killed me that was the key word ALMOST! It was never in an accident and no where did I state that in my summary. The car broke down in less than 24 hours after purchasing it and I had no choice but to walk home even with a bad back. Luckly that night I met someone who helped me carry some of my stuff home. I have all the documents to prove my car was impunded after breaking down and the medical reports of my back injury.

You're a park lawyer and don't have the facts nor the documentation, I do! YOu probably work for/are him. I'm doing my part to investigate this matter and make sure this man faces serious charges.

Your whole argument is to balme me for this situation and being mad for wanting resitution etc. This business shouldn't exist, POINT BLANK!

So..

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

When you Test Drove the car did you notice anything wrong?

Before you bought the car what did your mechanic say about the soundness and safety of the car?

When the dealer said it was safe and ran properly did he put that in writing?

The reason the lawyers are charging you high fees is because they know that the car was sold As-Is, and you don't have anything in writing, you didn't have the car checked out before and there is no way you would be able to prevail in court.  Of course if you have some proof that he guaranteed the condition of the car you don't need a lawyer, you can take him to small claims court for probably less than $100..which if you prevailed you would get back from him.

So exactly what was so bad about the car that it would require $4000 in repairs..and did you ever get a second estimate?  You don't say where you went, but if you went to the dealer you can easily find independent mechanics that could probably do the same work for 1/3 to 1/2 of the cost.

But I also wonder how much of this report is true and exageration.  Because it is amazing how you were "almost killed" by the car..but still able to walk home, especially with a severe back injury.    Also, they don't "impound" cars if you were in an accident.  They would tow it to the location you want..either your house(which was only a walkable distance away) or a mechanic.