Complaint Review: Joe Machens Dealership

• Updated: Sat, June 15, 2013

• Reported By: AG — Jefferson City Missouri
Joe Machens Dealership
201 Nebraska Ave, Columbia, Missouri USA

Joe Machens Dealership Jonathan Barfield Paypal Scam Intranet Sales Team Columbia Missouri

*Consumer Comment: Jonathan Barfield at Joe Machens, Columbia MO

*Consumer Comment: Its Called "INTERNET"!

I am writting to inform the public of a Paypal scam being operated by Joe Machens Dealership in Columbia Mo. I recently decided to purchase a car through them, I went through their intranet sales department, I made contact with Jonathan Barfield. I was interested in a used car,and even though he was very friendly at first, he had many great deals to offer, I began to get a little worried when he offered me his special "Paypal Price", he guaranteed me 4,000.00$ off the price of the car ( off the record ) if I transfered 1000.00$ to his paypal account, he went as far as to give me his personal account information.

This man was very insistant, he would call me at all hours late in the evening, he also informed me that this was not the first time he had given this deal before and promised that it was a very secure deal.I decided to notify somebody in management, I notified Terry Sales and Carl Young, I left them my contact information and phone number, I never heard back from My Young. I was very dissapointed with Joe Machens, my father had personaly known the original owner many years ago, and it was through my fathers insistance that he suggested I get a car from Joe Machens. What a waste of a good family name, the history in the name "Machens" has gone to the toilet! Sorry Jonathan Barfield, find yourself another customer to ripoff and scam!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2013 08:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joe-Machens-Dealership/Columbia-Missouri-65203/Joe-Machens-Dealership-Jonathan-Barfield-Paypal-Scam-Intranet-Sales-Team-Columbia-Missour-1059482. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Joe Machens Dealership

Jonathan Barfield at Joe Machens, Columbia MO

AUTHOR: JJ - ()

I had a similar experience with Mr Jonathan Barfield, I am surprised he still works there! This man is a thief and stalker, a little over a year ago my daughter a student at MIZZOU was in the market for a car, she contacted Jonathan Barfield, he tried to convince her to transfer money into his personal paypal account, she declined his offer and decided against purchasing a car with Joe Machens. That was not the end of our problems, Mr Barfield continued to call my daughter at all hours of the evening and night, she had to block his personal phone number.

He then would call her from Joe Machens, pay phones and friend phones. He even went as far as to ask her what her bra size was and added that his wife was pregnant and her breast were huge! Disgusting behavior was all that Jonathan Barfield displayed. My husband insisted we notify Joe Machens Human Resources, we had a talk with Marcia Rasmussen. Ms Rasmussen was very understanding and assured us that kind of behavior would not be tolerated at Joe Machens, I guess some things never change. He is a thief and a stalker, he is lucky my husband did not get a hold of him!

Its Called "INTERNET"!

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

You have no dealers near you?  ANYONE who would for one split microsecond consider buying a used car sight unseen via the internet needs to seek professional help AT ONCE!