Complaint Review: Joe Mastriano, CPA

• Reported By: Pandora — Houston Texas
Joe Mastriano, CPA
8303 S.W. Freeway Ste. 636, Houston, Texas USA

Joe Mastriano, CPA Is this really a Scam or Rip-Off? Houston Texas

*General Comment: Where is the rip-off?

“Failed my test for dressing professional complaint”

When they represented me in an audit, the CPA who went down to the IRS did not even where a tie! He had a suit on, and was dressed up, but I was very embarrassed to see that he didn’t even where a tie. He claimed that he spilled coffee on it while driving to the audit. He said someone cut him off and he had to step on the brakes fast. In my opinion he should have kept a spare tie in the car in case of emergencies. If anyone at my country club would have seen me with a so called professional without a tie (I had mine on), they would have been “fit to be tied”!

One good thing I can say is that he did present my documents in an orderly fashion. He had all the receipts lined up, and printed out copies of the IRS code and regulations, and even some recent tax court cases. I thought the lack of evidence I had for my charitable contributions would have caused me to have an extra tax bill, but he was able to persuade to auditor’s manager to give me the deduction anyway. I left with a “no change” audit, meaning that I didn’t have to pay any taxes. I was happy with that, but anyway I just wanted people to know that I think he should have had an extra tie in his car!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2014 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joe-Mastriano-CPA/Houston-Texas-77074/Joe-Mastriano-CPA-Is-this-really-a-Scam-or-Rip-Off-Houston-Texas-1113283. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Joe Mastriano, CPA

#1 General Comment

Where is the rip-off?

AUTHOR: brent - ()

So your CPA did the job he was hired for and won the case for you; and you are going to complain that he didn't wear a tie?  Are you truly that shallow to complain about something as trivial as a tie?  If he was wearing cut-off blue jean shorts and a t-shirt, I can understand your point.  But complaining about a lack of a tie is hysterical.