Complaint Review: John Griffin Roofing

• Reported By: Scammed — Massapequa New York
John Griffin Roofing
West Babylon, New York USA

John Griffin Roofing Leaking Roof! West Babylon New York

We contacted the company John Griffin Roofing because of a referral.  We needed a new roof.  John came and gave us an estimate which we thought was a fair price considering our large job.  The total cost of the work was $10,000.00  Within a few days of completion, we had a rain storm  We noticed the ceiling in our living room was wet.  My husband contacted John and he blew him off, saying that he would get back to us.  He never did.  The wet stain got progressivly worse over the next 24 months, ending in a full-blown leak of water through the living room ceiling into my living room, on my rug, floor and furniture, also down the wall onto my fireplace mantle.   I then called and spoke to John and explained the entire situation.  He refused to come out to look at it, saying that it sounds like a masonary job.  My husband got 2 professional roofers to come give us estimates and tell us what the problem was.  Both estimates were from roofers that said the roof that was put on 2 years ago was done cheaply.  The flashing between the chiminey and roof was not done properly causing rain water to leak under the roof shingles and created the leak into the living room.

John Griffin Roofing took no action to help us, despite his 100% satifaction guarantee.  Here are some quotes from his website:

"Weather Stopper Integrated Roofing System.  Your best and safest choice"

"Fully insured with 2 million dollar coverage for your protection"

"Your satisfaction is guaranteed"

"No hassles No worries"

"Service you can trust"

We just had the roof fixed properly so it will not leak anymore.  I have a paid receipt for $1,200.00  I plan on filing a claim with the Better Business Bureau.  John Griffin Roofing is a despicable company with a dishonest owner.  I will make sure all of my friend hear of our experience with this company and hope that no one else has to go through this.  We will have to have our entire living room ceiling re-sheet rocked,spakled, and painted over on top of the cost to fix the roof! I hope someone successfully sues this company to teach them how to properly run an honest business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2013 12:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Griffin-Roofing/West-Babylon-New-York-11704/John-Griffin-Roofing-Leaking-Roof-West-Babylon-New-York-1062567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Griffin Roofing