Complaint Review: John Hancock Life Insurance Company

• Reported By: scoutonymous — USA
John Hancock Life Insurance Company
Boston, Massachusetts United States of America

John Hancock Life Insurance Company of Boston, Massachusetts

*Consumer Comment: You're an idiot.

I had two long standing life insurance policies with John Hancock. At the end of 2007, I had renal cell cancer but a timely kidney stone brought it to light in time to save my life. Had that not occurred, I would have died during the first half of 2008.

In September 2010, John Hancock told me that my policies had an accelerated benefit clause. They repeatedly told me that I need only have had a life threatening illness that would have killed me within two years.

I filed a claim against the policies. They then commenced to play every delay tactic that they could. At one point, they sent a letter dated November 29 but it arrived only on December 11, for instance. Finally, they changed their tune and denied the claim, saying that I had to be currently terminally ill with a malady that would kill me within two years. They have defrauded me out of $440,000.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2011 09:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Hancock-Life-Insurance-Company/Boston-Massachusetts-/John-Hancock-Life-Insurance-Company-of-Boston-Massachusetts-679769. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Hancock Life Insurance Company

You're an idiot.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

Do you even know what an accelerated benefit is? The reason it took so long to deny your claim was probably because the didn't realize that one of their customers would actually think they were eligible for an accelerated benefit because they had a serious illness three years ago.

The clause is there to help people that are terminally ill. It allows them to get their benefits before they die, to help defray costs of illness and maintain their quality of life.

Does that sound like you, Einstein?????????