Complaint Review: John Moore Services

• Reported By: tcfd420 — Magnolia Texas USA
John Moore Services
10005 W.Samhouston Pkwy N. Houston, Texas United States of America

John Moore Services Houstons Biggest Liars Houston, Texas

*Consumer Comment: John Moore Houston tx is a overcharging Ripoff!!

*Consumer Comment: John Moore is indeed a Rip Off

*General Comment: WoW!! I never knew this!!

*Consumer Comment: "Overcharged" Update.

*Consumer Comment: Overcharged.

*Author of original report: billy is full of crap

*UPDATE Employee: happy current employee

*Author of original report: I forgot to mention

Im writing this report to warn others about John Moore Services,they are a high pressure sales company that mis treats there employes.I worked there for about a month and left due to horrible sales tactics taught by the company.Every friday we would meet and they would try everything to get us to sell more,if you didnt sell enough you wouldnt get any calls.The average employee turn around is 80% per year,and experience is 2years or less.If you are around stop by and look at the empty offices,and talk to the hvac manager who knows nothing about hvac.The Moores no longer own it,Don Valentine owns it who has never lifted a tool in his life.The company charges double what others charge and the quality of work is sorry.When you first get hired on you spend three days in sales classes and are taught to do what it takes to sell even if they have to borrow money on there house its pathetic.Real HVAC techs will not work there due to moral and ethical reasons,they dont care about experience just sales.Don Valentine is the chairman of the BBB and fixes the complaints as if they never happened.Please stay clear of this company,if you need more info send me a rebutal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2010 02:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Moore-Services/Houston-Texas-77064/John-Moore-Services-Houstons-Biggest-Liars-Houston-Texas-562674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Moore Services

John Moore Houston tx is a overcharging Ripoff!!

AUTHOR: HoustonHorsemen - (United States of America)

Do not fall for the catchy jingle, and the nice looking trucks. John Moore will overcharge you for repairs!!!! I called John Moore out because my wife needled me to have them come look at raccoons in the attic. John Moore wanted to charge us $1800 to cover soffit vents! After they left, I showed my wife the quote, then went to Home Depot, bought the vents for $100, Waited for the raccoon to leave during the day, and in a Hour and a half, I had the vents replaced, and my wife a believer in being skeptical about jingles, and flashy trucks.

A second incident is where a tenant of mine started having a/c problems, and decided to call John Moore before talking to me. They quoted her $6000 to REPAIR a A/C unit that cost $2500 two years ago to install! She presented me with the quote and expected me to pay it, because she was dazzled by the jingle, and the flashy trucks. I said no, and called the trusted A/C guy who installed the entire unit. He recharged the unit, and replaced the coil.(Free since it was still under warranty) Total cost: $235 for freon, parts, and labor. John Moore Services are experts at up selling, and over charging.

Call John, LOSE more............. money!

John Moore is indeed a Rip Off

AUTHOR: KPC - (United States of America)

I do agree that John Moore Services is a Rip off. I  called John Moore yesterday because my a/c was blowing hot air. The first thing the guy said when he came inside the House was, so do you want to replace your A/C? He had not even taken a look at the unit. I said no i need to have it fixed. He then asked where the attic was and went up there, then went outside to look at the unit. He came back  and told my husband that the compressor was bad. He went to his truck came back with a book and told me it would cost me $4500 to replace the compressor or $6000 to $10000 to replace the whole unit. I told him I would call around and then get back with him. I then called Arvell Moore A/C repair services who came out and told me  that all I needed was to replace the capacitor because it was blown. They did the job for a fraction of the cost.  My A/C is working just fine right now. I later found out that they send out that John Moore  had sent a sales person on the first call and not the technician. This guy even try to sell us insulation for our attic. Our house is only 7 years old and has great insulation already.  They get you with the free service call. Always get a second or third opinion. IT will save you $$$$$.

#3 General Comment

WoW!! I never knew this!!

AUTHOR: jvac - (United States of America)

This is bad! He's the chairman of the BBB board? I can certainly understand why local networks are fearfull of reporting any of this for fear of losing $$$. The BBB calls us 12 times a day to be a member.$$$ knowing this Ill never become a member now!!!

"Overcharged" Update.

AUTHOR: Jim Bush - (United States of America)

John Moore Plumbing has contacted me and admitted that I had been overcharged by their serviceperson. They apologized and are in the process of refunding me a reasonable portion of the original bill.

They were courteous and cooperative. Barring any problem obtaining my refund, I have changed my attitude about this company. The work that was done was adequate, and their response to my concern about being overcharged has been more than sufficient.

Overcharged.

AUTHOR: Jim Bush - (United States of America)

They charged me $900 to replace a 4ft. peace of plastic hot water pipe, and made me pay up front and sign a release before their service person would do the work.  My wife and I had just come back from a trip, we were tired and it was on a weekend, so we went ahead and relented. Then when I saw how little it took, in time and materials, to do the job, I started to feel ripped off. All the service person had to do was cut two small holes in an easily accessible area of sheetrock, remove the old pipe, and then put the new one in.

It took no more than two hours, including the trip to the store to get the new pipe and couplings. On top of this, I could not read what he had actually charged me for everything on the work sheet. And then, when I emailed them, twice, with my complaints, I got no response.
I will never do business with these people again. And I will, certainly, never recommend them to anyone.
And now the water stream, of the faucet the new pipe is connected to, is less than it was before.

billy is full of crap

AUTHOR: a/c man - (USA)

What a good company liar,John Moore services is such crooks

happy current employee

AUTHOR: billy b - (United States of America)

i am writing because the comments made have not been my experience at all. also some of the things stated are just plain false.  i have worked for john moore for a period of just over two years, i have been plumbing for nine years.

im not really sure what made this ex-employee feel the way they do, but i will just share what i do know. first of all, we are not a high pressure sales company. we do things right and we guarantee that. this has motivated me to be the best at what i do. i have been treated very much fair the entire time i have worked for john moore.

80% employee turnover is extremely exagerated, i am not familiar with the hvac department but i do know at least two hvac techs who have been with the company for 10+ years and many more familiar faces. the plumbing department has many long term employees as well.

we do offer a financing program that is in place so people can take care of their homes when they may not otherwise have been able to. the financing is not on the home itself!! it is a style of financing that is designed specificly for home repairs and every company i have heard of has the some sort of the same program.

as far as the bbb is concerned, our ratings come from being determined to do the right thing no matter what. countless times i have witnessed john moore work for free correct mistakes and even cover mistakes made by subcontractors hired through john moore. a quality most companies even if equal in ethics, could not even afford to have.

in closing, i just wanted to clear up any confusion, rest assured that when you choose john moore you are in great hands. we demand excellence from everyone at the company and thats what we bring in your home.

I forgot to mention

AUTHOR: tcfd420 - (USA)

Im sorry i forgot to mention they spent 4 million dollars in advertising last year,and bought that big new building and over 100 service trucks.They pay all employees commision only.HVAC employees get 15% per call and 6% per sale.So if you buy a over priced ac system for 10,000 the employee gets 600 dollars thats why they try to sell no matter what even if the old equipment is still under warranty.Plumbers get 30% per call.So when you call them remember when you call John you pay alot more.They dont get much repeat business only new customers that thought the service call is really free.