Complaint Review: John Olthoff

• Updated: Tue, July 16, 2013

• Reported By: Gutter cleaner — Michigan
John Olthoff
8330 Wallingwood Springs Drive Jennison, Michigan USA

John Olthoff, Avid Manufacturing, LLC FRAUD, SCAM ARTIST, THIEF Jennison Michigan

*General Comment: Don't think he fled with money

I recently started doing business with John Olthoff and Avid Manufacturing in Jenison Michigan, purchasing his Miracle Gutter Guards for installation in home eaves troughs to prevent leaves and debris from clogging gutters.

My first 2 transactions went fine with no issues.   On June 24 2013, I ordered a box of Miracle Gutter Guards for $560 dollars.   John received payment from my bank credit card on June 26.

After 3 weeks and not receiving my order I tried contacting John by email.   The email came back as undeliverable.   I go to his website at www.avidmfg.com and the site is now pulled down.   His business phone number and home phone numbers are now disconnected.

I've been in contact with at least one other contractor that John owes money.

Since JOHN OLTHOFF has obviously skated town with my money and has no intention of refunding my money or delivering my merchandise I paid for he is a LOSER and I would suggest any contractor avoid him like the plague.  I had considered John a reputable dealer as I had been referred to him, however I quickly find he is very unethical and a scam artist.

His last email came to me on June 26 thanking me for my order and indicating it was being shipped by FedEx.  Where's my order JOHN OLTHOFF?

This will not be the only website I blog regarding JOHN OLTHOFF.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2013 07:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Olthoff/Jennison-Michigan-49428/John-Olthoff-Avid-Manufacturing-LLC-FRAUD-SCAM-ARTIST-THIEF-Jennison-Michigan-1067587. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Olthoff

#1 General Comment

Don't think he fled with money

AUTHOR: Brad H - ()

I'm not 100% sure, but I think he died of a heart attack.  I tried to place an order and it was never processed.