Complaint Review: John Robert Powers, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, September 06, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, September 06, 2011

• Reported By: Tabitha — Tucson Arizona United States of America
John Robert Powers, Inc.
Los Angelas, California United States of America

John Robert Powers, Inc. sleazy and a scam Los Angelas, California

They are a complete scam. They want you to shell out ten thousand dollars to START the program! Oh and you have two days to make the decision. They pressure you into making a HUGE decision and treat you very badly if you don't do it.

I didn't go to the call back on Sunday and "Jeff" texted me on monday morning telling me that today was his last day in town and was still signing kids up for the showcase. I told him that I had reservations about spending all that money and that we really couldn't afford it without some type of scholarship, tuition waiver, something. All of the sudden he sends me a text saying that her spot was already filled, that we missed her chance to join and that there was no need to move forward with me because of my "bad communication" Are you kidding me????? All I said was that I didn't think we could afford it!

This just shows you what kind of company they are. If you don't want to shell out THOUSANDS of dollars right away with two days to make the decision they kick you to the curb. Any company like that one that pushes you to make a HUGE, life changing decision in a matter of a couple days is either sleazy or a scam. He then proceeds to text me for the rest of the day harassing me. Saying that I am a "momager", immature, rude, etc.

Then in the end he tells me that he would never work with me and it was a shame because he has a few families that were income eligible to do it for free?!?!!?!?! That was all I asked about in the beginning!!! I was not rude, mean, anything! I was very polite and was treated TERRIBLY!

They try to take advantage of people and try to get little girls hopes up by saying they work for Disney, Twilight, Nickelodeon, etc. so they guilt their parents into it, in addition to their guilt. Also, I don't know if it's true but I have read in several places that Disney, Nickelodeon and Twilight are all suing them for using their names, because they are not at all affiliated with them and are a bad agency that they do not want to be associated with. Their words, not mine.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2011 05:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John-Robert-Powers-Inc/Los-Angelas-California-/John-Robert-Powers-Inc-sleazy-and-a-scam-Los-Angelas-California-773613. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John Robert Powers, Inc.