Complaint Review: John

• Reported By: ksjerseycity — Jersey City New Jersey
John
421 Banta Place Fair Lawn, New Jersey USA

Provident Moving John Horrible Moving Experience Jersey City New Jersey

*Author of original report: I would like to rescind the report

This was the most horrible moving experience of my life.  I hired them because John/Casandra quoted me the lowest moving rate among all the emails I got ( just 70 per hour). On the day of the move everything looked as if it was going good when I was shown the final bill. I was originally quoted 210 for 3 hours and final bill came close to $900!!!  They had included all kinds of random fees including the most ridiculous elevator fee of 100 bucks ( no idea what that is for)!  I had clearly said that both buildings were high rises and also I had asked so many times if there was any additional fee. John said only packaging material was extra but on the dayof the move they charged elevator fee of 100 some diesel tax  of 72, ridicoulous packaging fee, etc- if this is not cheating then what ? these guys just quote the lowest to get your business and then charge a lot later in all sorts of hidden fee.
Wait I am not done - when I called John to complain he in fact hung up on me because I was speaking in high voice! can you believe it  - that is the way you get treated as a customer. Before he was so nice but on the day of the move when I called to complain he just hung on me.
I had to run to ATM ( bcos they accept only cash!) my God I am hoping I can file some kind of complaint on their unfair and unethical business ways -  the biggest problem I have is not that I overpaid but there was no disclosure about all the fees - John led me into booking with him quoting v cheap and later bumped it up with all kinds of non disclosed fee. Isnt this cheating ?
They ruined the exictement of moving to my new hose. Please let me know who should I complain to about such scamsters ?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2013 09:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/John/Fair-Lawn-New-Jersey-07410/Provident-Moving-John-Horrible-Moving-Experience-Jersey-City-New-Jersey-1101791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on John

I would like to rescind the report

AUTHOR: rescind - ()

All my concerns are taken care of and I am fully satisfied with the services