Complaint Review: Johnny Murrah - Weatherproof Roofing Siding And Decks

• Submitted: Wed, May 07, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 16, 2008

• Reported By:martinsburg West Virginia
Johnny Murrah - Weatherproof Roofing Siding And Decks
4703 Green Valley Rd Monrovia, Maryland U.S.A.

Johnny Murrah - Weatherproof Roofing Siding And Decks Disrespectful, Messy, and Lame New MarketMaryland

*Consumer Comment: The claims are invalid

*Consumer Comment: A warning to your neighbor

As a neighbor of someone who had their roof replaced, I was treated poorly by Mr. Murrah. I called his business line (albeit in the middle of the night when I was up and doing things like stressing out about the mess he had made in my yard and damage he had done to my property) only after exhausting other efforts of discussing this matter with the foreman on the job site. When he answered he belittled me and my concerns about my property damage as though they were "little things."

Perhaps to him, driving here in his fancy car from the suburbs of DC, these were little things. But to me, an honest, hard working, young man, these things were a part of my home; a part of what I have worked long and hard to make nice for my family; things that he and his employees treated with disregard.

I was assured that my damaged garbage can lid, which would no longer keep water or animals/pests out of my garbage, would be repaired; that my window screen would be fixed; that the piles of rubble, nails, dust stone, and debris would be removed from my nicely kept lawn, window sills, and alleyway; that the slate shingles would be removed from my roof. Day after day I politely asked if they would take care of this, I even got a signed document from a Jeff [B]ender that this work would be completed by April 14, 2008.

I took pictures of the debris and noted the MHIC number 120993, license plate numbers etcetera the day after the work started because I was afraid something like this might happen. A big city out-of-towner blows in and blows out with no concern for the locals.

After speaking with my friend who is a lawyer he recommended that I try starting my air conditioner up.
After installing this air conditioner last summer I finally had a respite from the sweltering heat of the summer. Now, without a word back from Mr. Murrah, I have no option but to turn the heat on him. I will be filing a legal claim to reimbursement for expenses incurred due to: property damage including my air conditioner.

Beyond all this, Mr. Murrah had the audacity to pit my neighbor against me in this dispute. I now have suffered what seems to be a total loss of relations between my neighbor over this matter.

I have recieved further notification from my neighbors that Mr. Murrah contacted them about my "complaints" of loosing the functionality of my air conditioner, yet he has yet to call me back.

Neighbor
martinsburg, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2008 11:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Johnny-Murrah-Weatherproof-Roofing-Siding-And-Decks/Monrovia-Maryland-21770/Johnny-Murrah-Weatherproof-Roofing-Siding-And-Decks-Disrespectful-Messy-and-Lame-New-M-331114. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Johnny Murrah - Weatherproof Roofing Siding And Decks

The claims are invalid

AUTHOR: Rebecca Tyler - (U.S.A.)

I own the house that received the new roof. My mother lives there, and while I'm rarely there, I've heard many bizarre stories about the neighbor who voiced this complaint and have seen the results of some of his actions firsthand. Basically, the guy is nuts.

He pulls on the phone lines, cut down a bush without asking, enters the property on a regular basis to rearrange things to his liking, destroyed an inflatable pool, painted on the side of the house without asking, showed up drunk and half naked on the porch in the winter, threatened us by claiming that somehow my house destroyed the foundation of his house (huh?), mysteriously stuffed our gutters with bamboo, paces back and forth in the alleyway between the two houses while banging on some piece of metal... there is more, I could go on. While I haven't observed all of this behavior firsthand, I believe it. I also believe the roofer when he says that the neighbor called him at least 30 times between the hours of 2 and 4 am. The roofer replaced the trash can and the screen that were supposedly damaged, but no one's buying the story about the AC. There seems to be no way it could have been damaged. He is now suing the roofer for $700, when a new unit would probably cost about $250/$300. From what I can tell, this is a meritless claim from a man with questionable mental stability. I realize there may be a risk to myself and my property by posting this... but we've probably crossed that bridge already. As a customer of Weatherproof Roofing, I can say that I and my family are very happy with their work.

A warning to your neighbor

AUTHOR: Edwin - (U.S.A.)

As a very unhappy customer of Mr Murrah I would caution your neighbor to take a very close look at the workmanship of Mr Murrah's crews!

Every aspect of our Ecostar Slate installation was riddled with problems. Had I not been home during the first day of their bungling attempt at roofing 101 I would have been unaware of the myriad of problems that existed just underneath our new roof. Improperly nailed sheathing, missing ice dam, improperly installed ice dam, no drip edge installed, charged for copper that was never purchased delivered or installed. I had to rip off all the underlayment to re-nail the sheathing! And more problems.....

I found that Weatherproof Roofing knew little about roofing standards and the correct application of roofing materials even completely ignoring the installation guidelines shipped with the roofing materials! Not to mention his attempt to install lower grade materials when charging me for higher grade materials!

As with your experience, his attitude towards problems was to taunt, belittle and mock my fast growing anger at his indifference, deception and his crews total incompetence. He was booted off the project after just one day! and sued (not the first and certainly not he last I'm sure) AND won him a day in court! I had over 50 pictures of his mess and that's why he decided not to press his case in court!

If you need a short history of Mr. Murrah you should go to the Maryland State Judiciary Case Search website and look up Murrah or Weatherproof and you will see that he seems to be making quite a few people and creditors unhappy!

Advise your neighbor to inspect their new roof closely as it is highly likely that there roof will be less Weatherproof than they would like! Good luck getting them to fix anything!

frozen