Complaint Review: Johnny Ray's

• Updated: Fri, August 10, 2012

• Reported By: mandypacquette — tucso Arizona United States of America
Johnny Ray's
340 4th Ave. Tucson, Arizona United States of America

Johnny Ray's Majestik tattoo and body peircing Half done tattoo wants $500 more to finish? Tucson, Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: The Truth

I met Sabrina from Majestik tattoo shop in April of this year.  She started a tattoo on my back that was paid in full for $550.00 and she never completed.  Everytime I contacted Sabrina I was told some new story about how she was sick, in a car accident, daughter had food poisioning, or had surgery.  So needless to say I was getting the run around.  She moved to a new more "professional' shop so I thought great I will finally get my tattoo done WRONG. I have on numerous times gone to Johnny Ray's to set up appointments with her and she wouls say oh I will call you or some other lie. Then Sabrina started asking me to come to her home to finish the tattoo which is unprofessional.  Finally I blew up I went to the shop got the shop owners number and contacted him.  He asked that I come meet with him so he could set me up with a new tattoo artist no charge.  I showed up today and of course Sabrina is screaming at me wont let me speak and made me out to look like the bad guy. [continued below]....
..... Its called customer service which they have none.  Johnny Ray basically told me to come back when I had another $500 to finish the tattoo meaning my tattoo was at $1000. I started crying and left telling him I would come back when I could come up with the money.  After I calmed down I decided to go ahead and file a law suit in small claims court against Sabrina and Johnny Ray so that I can go to another tattoo artist and have it redone and Finished.  Do not get a tattoo at Johnny Ray's they will rip you off do half ass work and then blame all there shitty work on you as the customer claiming "They are not Walmart".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2012 07:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Johnny-Rays/Tucson-Arizona-85711/Johnny-Rays-Majestik-tattoo-and-body-peircing-Half-done-tattoo-wants-500-more-to-finish-896685. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Johnny Ray's

The Truth

AUTHOR: Sabrina - (United States of America)

Hello my name is Sabrina,  I feel this website can be used in a very good way if people use it the way it is intended and if people can see that because individuals are asked to speak truth it doesn't mean everyone would follow those instructions ... this is proof of that. I am responding to a report that was made against myself and my place of employment. I am a tattoo artist, I have never tattooed out of Majestik nor do I work there now so right off the bat the statement made saying that the customer met me at Majestik was already false. I am not here to stand up for myself because clients who come to see me whether they be new or "older" clients who continue business with me they know me, they know what i am about when it comes to business and do not just believe this report was false but some have been there through this and have seen for themselves... so ... I am only here to state the truth of the situation, to point out that we cannot always believe what we read.
     We have all been in situations where we see someone get upset and twist things around because they are upset for whatever the reason may be. By saying this I am also not implying this specific customer has done that, all i can say in regards to said client is that the information reported was in fact false. After receiving the outline of the tattoo the client cried saying its more than she even hoped for explaining to me what an amazing artist i am and saying she is so happy while hugging me. Said client let me know to wait on the top middle part of the tattoo where the top of the C is not completely there, i had let the client know it would take one minute to add that line at which point the client informed me she was done for the night, that she knows it will take more than one sitting and she was fine with leaving it as is and no matter if it would take a minute or less she was tired from the adrenaline and some personal things she informed me of. I agreed to leave it as it was for the time being.
      The client let me know she would be going out of town and wanted it finished before leaving, turned out she asked to just do it when she returned from her trip which would take 2-4 weeks because with school she cannot make it in before. There were many texts sent to me explaining from the client "Is there any way we can reschedule my appointment I have because i don't have the money to finish the tattoo?!" I understand times are hard and believed we had become friends as she made clear so i of course agreed and let her know to just let me know when she wanted to come in. This specific cancellation was done a minimum of 4 times from the client and with the client saying those specific things "i dont have the money right now to finish the tattoo can we reschedule?"
      So i know this site is used to report ripoffs etc and i personally really believe this could be used in very positive ways in this instance i believe the positive way would be me being able to respond to this report as i have all of the proof showing what i say here is in fact the truth. I am not here to "dis" on the client either. This was business and with the size of the tattoo she was receiving myself and the shop explained to the client she was getting a very good deal for the tattoo which the client also agreed on numerous occasions with that statement also. We all can sit and listen to everyones side to a situation at which point we all have free will and the chance to make a choice of our own liking, for myself i will listen to what people have to say but ultimately i would still need to find out for myself because I know that when someone feels they had a bad experience people tend to twist things as i said above and sometimes go to the extent of "trying to ruin someone" because they are upset.
      The client had come into our shop numerous times just to say hello even just a couple days before deciding to take the situation and handle it the way she has, but, she had been in numerous times even just to say hello and mentioning to me i should go have a drink with her when i got off of work this was asked over the time span of a couple months and quite a few times through each week which each time i had let them know id try but being a single mother who works and was in the process of moving i didnt have a lot of time. When the client returned from her 2-4 week trip i got in contact with her asking if she was back and when she wanted to come in, i was told her best friend was in town for a week or two and she cant come in to finish her tattoo until she was gone because she doesnt have a lot of time with her best friend and hadnt seen her in quite awhile. I again let her know I understood, we agreed the client would call me or text me after so we could set something up, i also gave the client the option of setting something up on the calendar while we were on the phone that way it was set. The client said again with her schedule , her kids and school she would have to wait and just set it up after her best friend left from visiting, i told her i understand that being a mom and with my schedule i have to do the same sometimes just wanted to give her the option.
      I had called and text the client numerous times about when she would be able to come in, there were many times where i hadnt heard from her in a few days so i would text to say hello , check in and try to set something up for her since she had made it clear how quickly she wanted it done. I had gotten many apologies many times from the client about raising her voice at me and basically being unprofessional with me because she had a lot of personal things going on and its just upsetting to her that she cant get in to finish the tattoo which we would then discuss how i would be calling and texting her to set something up but each time we would set something up it would be canceled on her end 4+ times ( yes i have proof) saying " Hey love i dont have the money to finish the tattoo right now can we reschedule," a few times the client canceling due to her and her kids being sick and once just her kids and then a few other times there would be some cancellations due to other reasons said by client. There was in fact one time I needed to reschedule due to some medical things with my daughter which could not be ignored... i have never denied this nor would i, i take full responsibility for my part in this long drag out situation along with doing everything i could to to help the client 1 with getting a tattoo that was very important to her and not spending an arm and a leg on it, 2 by me being patient not charging a deposit for all of the other appointments she made and canceled (which we are supposed to charge deposits for appointments and if client doesnt show we keep the deposit instead of it going toward their tattoo as intended if they keep their appointment) and a couple appointments the client just didnt show up to nor did she call until days later, and 3 by me being the one to constantly keep in touch with her as to setting up her next session so on and so forth. Toward the end i let the client know that i too am busy with a lot going on work wise and personal and am trying to help her out getting her in and finished but to just let me know by her contacting me when she knows she wants to set something up. At that  point I had received some text messages with the client telling me how unhappy she is , she wants the tattoo finished its been x amount of time since we spoke last and she just isnt happy and even at that point i let her know that i had told her to call or text me when she was ready.
     The client called on a Saturday (my birthday) letting me know she wanted to come in the following week, i asked when she said she wasnt sure on time or exact day just that she wanted to come in at the end of the next week. We had a good conversation at that point letting her know i had not had a day off of work still in weeks and weeks and since it was my bday i would be taking sunday off for sure and that i had to go to the doctor monday morning due to a surgery i had done and needed a check up she agreed i should take time off she let me know "oh yea dont worry we can set up the time and day after the weekend when you get back into the shop since its not going to be until the end of the week anyway." I let her know i would call her or text her when i got into the shop monday, that i was not sure how long it would take just that i would call or text her asap monday and reminded her that i would not be taking calls (for the first time ever) on sunday or anymore during my bday. She gave me bday wishes and said she was excited , i let her know i too was happy that we could finally get the rest of her sittings done so she can have her piece and see the end result.
      Come monday i took care of my personal business, hadnt had my cell phone powered on during that time, my client also knew that i wouldnt be calling or texting until i was settled and ready for the day (meaning my tools , my computer, drawing tools and everything were set up and ready for me at my desk/station).. when finished with my appointment monday i arrived to the shop earlier than i had thought i went next door to get something to drink and noticed that i had a missed call from my client and she had left a vm... i listened to the vm which included her going off on me about how unhappy she was that i told her i would call her asap and i still have not called her even though i told her id call her when i was done with my appointment and when i got to work..this message made me very confused for yet another time because as far as  i knew everything was good and i was getting a drink then going back next door to call her because i had just arrived and that was what we had planned. So, i called my client back , there was no answer, i left a message indicating that i did in fact just get into work havent even sat down yet and to please call me that she was the first call i am making as we discussed wished her a good day and hung up. As i walked out from next door and getting a drink my client was standing outside the door to our tattoo shop. She immediately started yelling wanting to speak to someone in charge, walked into our shop yelling and cursing at the top of her lungs. She yelled at me about being at work and i told her id call her and that i left a message saying i wasnt there yet when i explained no i said i just got there and to please call me , i also explained again i did exactly what we discussed that i would go to my appointment then call her asap when done and as soon as i got into work and settled. I hadnt even unpacked my bags to prepare for the day and still went next door to get a drink while calling her. The client just kept yelling and cursing and now this situation has turned into things it didnt need to turn into.
     The client agreed on how to get done what she wanted done and left our shop saying that would be good, saying she still at that point really wanted me to finish the work but out of the interest of everyone I had to step down due to how things were handled. Since then i had received texts asking if i was going to finish the work and more saying some pretty rude, threatening vulgar things to me. I have not replied to them as I already have all the proof that what i say here is in fact true and not to the best of my memory but with the proof i have showing this. I wish the situation had turned out differently i did everything i could and then some to make sure the client got even more than she expected and up literally until the client went this route she had explained all the time that she was so pleased , more than she expected and how she was telling everyone what a great artist i am and that shes so happy she went with me and thanked me so much for everything i was doing for her. I understand wanting to get in when someone wants despite the schedule of others, i understand that just because one person is available to talk or do something doesnt mean that others are available and i do everything to make sure i am there when others need me. To the point i have taken time out of my own schedule doing things so i can please clients with what they want when they want it... i didnt even take time off of work to make sure i was doing all i could, including me being the one checking in with clients all the time rather than them checking in. I feel it just shows clients that you really do enjoy the work etc etc. This situation turned out differently but I know I did all that i could and then some and was still willing to finish the tattoo, but things were being rescheduled because the client had said she doesnt have the money to finish the work and after being verbally attacked I still tried to give the client the benefit of the doubt knowing that she had a lot going on as she informed me numerous time.
      I am sorry that things turned out the way they did and hope that everyone can experience things on their own and take into consideration that not everyone will be happy with any business or their employees it doesnt mean that employee is at fault, or rude, or over priced ... it doesnt mean that the business is horrible either it may just mean that person was having a bad day or they personally just prefer another over them..this is normal and if life wasnt like this we wouldnt have numerous burger places or numerous grocery stores etc. I hope this helps and i do wish the client the best as i said that the last time we spoke after the meeting. I really do also believe this site can be used for good things if people can use it properly instead of posting flat out lies about others and their businesses, that is sad when anyone goes to that level and again that is why i responded with the truth.
     Best wishes to everyone :)

worship