• Report: #1142026

• Reported By: Phillip — Terrell Texas
Jones and Sons Auto
1002 E Moore Terrell, Texas USA

Jones and Sons Auto Vehicle Inspection Station unscrupulous Terrell Texas

I took my vehicle to Jones & Sons Auto for annual vehicle inspection. Halfway through inspection, owner's son, Jones, advised me I needed a new gas cap. He was holding the cap to my vehicle and it was in two pieces. I asked what happened and Jones stated that he placed the cap into the necessary testing equipment and broke it. Jones said he could replace the cap for $15 charge or purposefully fail my vehicle and I could return when i had purchased another cap.

I stated that neither option was acceptable, Jones replied he did not intentionally break the cap but that was my only options. He referred me to the owner Mr Jones. Mr Jones concurred that my options had been given to me. I questioned their business practice and after  Jones became irrate, he relented and stated he would replace the cap but i was not to return to the business.

My complaint is only to serve as a warning to other patrons in the community. I feel Jones & Sons Auto conducts deceptive business practices. Somene less assertive or intimidated by their bullying tactics may have been ripped off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2014 07:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jones-and-Sons-Auto/Terrell-Texas-75160/Jones-and-Sons-Auto-Vehicle-Inspection-Station-unscrupulous-Terrell-Texas-1142026. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jones and Sons Auto