Complaint Review: jones express

• Submitted: Wed, January 16, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, January 16, 2013

• Reported By: Ken — Albuquerque New Mexico United States of America
jones express
p.o box 137 spring city pa 19475 Internet, Pennsylvania United States of America

jones express jones motor group put on good act but thats all it is don't fall for it Internet, Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: clear a few things up OK

*Author of original report: Bubba

*UPDATE Employee: Jones Express Employee

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: not a steering wheel holder

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Steering Wheel Holder in Albuquerque, Nm

I started  with Jones Express back in nov. of 2012.  I only went to work there after talking to David the Recruiter several times.  He gave me all the right answers.  So this is how it starts off, I go in on percentage at that time I was told 72% plus all fuel surcharge.  This is how they figure their surcharge:  First you book the load, after agreeing on the rate, they then take out the fuel surcharge from your line rate, so now your line rate is less agreed on.  Example, you take  a load for $1.85 mile, you then subtract fuel surcharge, let's say it's $.60 now your line rate with Jones is $1.25 a mile.  Okay, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought fuel surcharge is added onto the line rate, not taken off the line rate.

So then I decided % is not working because I could not make enough to make my bills.  For one thing you get the miles the broker gives you and Jones figures the miles much less, which means fuel surcharge is much less.   So I talked to Bubba and David my dispatch about this, they suggested I go milage instead.  "All our guys on miles are doing great", this is not so.  When you go to pick up trailers at Harbor Freight which is their big client, you find out fuel surcharge is less than everyone else also you redo your log because they send you there after you have been driving and your 14 hour clock has started, knowing their loads do not come out until night, no they don't pay you to sit there 8 or 9 hours for this load.

When you pick up your trailer, it is often torn up or bad tires, lights not working, ABS not working etc. I'm sure, it's because some poor driver is just trying to make miles so they can pay their bills, and don't have the time to make sure the trailer is in good shape for the next driver.  DOT should REALLY be looking at these guys.  So that's their business practice, so what ever you do, find some place else to put your truck on, you will be money ahead.  I had to dead head home 250 miles because my truck had a problem, took it to the shop.  Found out what it would cost to fix, so I parked it.  Because at Jones, rest assured, you will not make enough money to pay your bills, and your truck repairs.  By the way when I went to work there, I had to bob-tail from Bubba's yard in Texas to El Paso to pick up my trailer.  They paid me $300 for 580 miles.  When I told them I was not coming back they sent a guy from Dallas to Albuquerque to pick up the trailer, they charged me $1002 for 640 miles.  Funny how the rate goes up when it goes in their pockets.  So I repeat Beware, they are pros at telling you what you need to hear to get you to sign on.  I have been an owner operator for over 12 years, this the first time I've ever felt I needed to warn somebody about a company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2013 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/jones-express/Internet-Pennsylvania-19475/jones-express-jones-motor-group-put-on-good-act-but-thats-all-it-is-dont-fall-for-it-Int-997818. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on jones express

clear a few things up OK

AUTHOR: ken - ()

Let me start by saying sorry for getting the % wrong but you are right it was 74% .In my defense though ii was a bit upset at the time and had been talking with a friend and he was asking if I was going to put truck back on the road after it was fixed wanted to know if I would like to put it on where he was at72% sorry for the mix up. But as for Bubba good for you sure Jones is better off.Now then you should maybe get both sides of the story before for you run to the defense of Bubba . Know one at Jones wanted to listen until now and I know you got my phone # I would be more than happy to talk to you about this.Also I have log pages to back up what I said and if I still have my old phone pictures to one more thing I never got detention pay and sat in S.C  to time's for sure off the top of my head and probably more. .That being said  I have no reason to lie about any of this  everything I said was true but I did miss quote % but not on purpose sorry .Also this was my experience I had with Jones just wanted other drivers to know .And yes mine was horrible but I was honest about it. And I know that just like every company out here there is good and bad. If you look around I am sure you can find good experience With Jones and I am sure they are true also but to call me a liar with out ever talking with me or suggesting that I am lying is a bit much I would be willing to take a polygraph test on this matter would the two of you .Have a nice day hope things get better for you two

Bubba

AUTHOR: ken - ()

Well coming from you not calling me a truck driver wow that hurts! Not, Look who is no longer with Jones maybe because you lie? But know matter the reason they will be better off. Notice I was owner of my truck Bubba so didn't think you where paying for the repairs so why do I need to provide anything for you .Unfortunately you are so used to lying to everyone you automatically think everyone one else is doing the same.  Hope you find out some day that lying about or too people only makes you look bad everything in my first report was true .I noticed you had to resort to name calling but whatever you need to do to help you try and look good . Have a good life.P.S.How many more people are saying about the same thing as me about you and Jones we all can't be wrong maybe you should try being honest . It goes a long way

Jones Express Employee

AUTHOR: Meghan - ()

I just wanted to reply and try to clear a few things up. Bubba Williams is no longer employed by Jones Express. Our percentage program is 74% gross revenue of load, after 100% fuel surcharge. If you do have to wait on a load, you do get paid. The first two hours of detention time are free, every hour after is $75. I don't know the exact situation with the driver from the original post, but there were a comments that were not valid which make me believe more about his particualr situation could be false as well.

If you have any questions about Jones Express, you can e-mail me at mroberts@jonesmotor.com.

Meghan

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

not a steering wheel holder

AUTHOR: william - ()

I used to work for jones express out of copperas cove tx.    I quit working for this company for several reasons, and now that I am try'ng to get another job they are say'ing that I was in an accident and left the truck to be retrieved. when the truth is I acussed of causeing accident but it was determined that i was not at fault. and was charged with a lane violation. as far as the truck goes Cure leaseing out of Norcross,G.A. sent a wrecker to my home to get the truck after I offered to bring it to then all that I ask for was fuel money.

#5 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Steering Wheel Holder in Albuquerque, Nm

AUTHOR: Bubba - ()

Hello:
My name is Bubba Williams, I would like to respond to this individual's comments.

Notice, that I do not call  this individual a Truck driver. This is strictly a steering wheel holder. He abandoned our trailer in Albuquerque, Nm. I had to pay a driver to go pick up the trailer. And then This driver complains about it. I doubt he would go pick up a trailer without being payed for doing it.

The stuff about him having to deadhead from my office to el paso, tx to pick up a trailer was explained
to him before he signed on. This driver also quit without proper notice. He gave an excuse that he
had truck problems. But never sent any proof.  The trucking industry is better off, now that this driver
is off the road. Also to succeed in any company, all you have to do is the job, that you were hired to do. The way you were told to do it, and to do it to the best of your ability. By the way, we have never payed 72% it is 74% plus fuel surcharge. Which is what you were paid. So if there are any trucking companies out there looking for a good driver. Don't call "Ken Miller" Also, When you get a rate from an agent or Broker you get the Line Haul Plus Fuel Surcharge and this is the All in Rate. Which you get your percentage from.

So Ken Miller, I hope that you have found a job in Mcdonalds. Because Trucking is not for you.
Bubba