Complaint Review: Joseph Chevrolet

Joseph Chevrolet
8733 Colerain Ave Cincinnati, Ohio United States of America

Joseph Chevrolet Ripped me off BAD-on a sale of a used Car Cincinnati, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: I'm sorry this happened to you

In 2011 I traded my SUV HIghlander for a Cadillac de Ville 2000 from them. I was downgrading myself so I could pay the Highlander off with the money from the trade in. I told the sales men this. The sales people were very nice to me and my sister and acted very honest. I explained that being an elderly person I needed a reliable car, that I do not drive a lot, but I need a safe car.

The first thing that happened is that I found out the trunk leaked. I took it back and it it took them almost three months to fix it. I went twice to pick up the car after they called me and said it was fixed.  After bringing it home found out it was not fixed. Then the last time I took it to them again,  it took them a whole month to do it. Three months to do this.

The next thing I found out is that the tires needed to be replaced even though they had told me they were fine for about one more year. [continued below]....
.....
When I talked to the general manager after going through about 4 different people, he told me that buying a used car is a chance you take! I told him they lied to me. He said they had not lied, that the car was in great shape and it should last me a long time.

i thought he was dishonest . In total desperation,  I took it to a mechanic my family knows in Lawrenceburg, to have it looked over in more depth. I found out that the entire bottom of the car is completely rusted and the motor to one of the back windows had to be replaced.
I replaced the motor for the window which was over 600 dollars and now I am facing having to fix and replace the entire bottom of the car. Besides several other mechanical problems that will run into several thousand dollars.

Joseph Chevrolet at the time of the purchase assured me they had looked the car over in their garage and told me to trade in my nice Highlander 2008 with the assurance that I would be happy since I was buying a reliable car in great shape. Furthermore they added and I quote: "it was owned by an old lady who had it garaged the whole time, it is a one owner car."

These people are dishonest, unreliable, and should be exposed. They should not take advantage of elderly women and they should be held liable for their lies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2012 04:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joseph-Chevrolet/Cincinnati-Ohio-45251/Joseph-Chevrolet-Ripped-me-off-BAD-on-a-sale-of-a-used-Car-Cincinnati-Ohio-827963. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Joseph Chevrolet

I'm sorry this happened to you

AUTHOR: patti - (United States of America)

But this is exactly why it is always advised to take a used car to have it inspected before you purchase it.  Since when have people started believing anything a used car salesman says?

composer