Complaint Review: Joseph Fox Genealogy Research

• Updated: Wed, September 04, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Citrus Heights California
Joseph Fox Genealogy Research
113 Evergreen Buckhannon, West Virginia USA

Joseph Fox Genealogy Research Fraudulently advertised research services; took money and didn't deliver product/services. Buckhannon West Virginia

Joseph R. "J.R." Fox is included in the researcher list on the website for the West Virginia State Archives. My sister and I contacted him to discuss our family research project and ask if he thought he could help us find some records. The initial contact was made with Joseph Fox via email and phone in April 2013. I mailed Joseph Fox a check for $85, his quoted price, on April 17, 2013, which he cashed. We never received any research services.

We never received any documents. We received emails (too numerous to list here) with various excuses about why he hadn't performed any research. Ultimately, Joseph Fox took my $85.00 and never sent me the documents I paid for. I can only conclude that he is committing Internet fraud by advertising his services as a researcher and taking money from unsuspecting people who are out of state.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2013 09:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joseph-Fox-Genealogy-Research/Buckhannon-West-Virginia-26201/Joseph-Fox-Genealogy-Research-Fraudulently-advertised-research-services-took-money-and-d-1081558. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Joseph Fox Genealogy Research