Complaint Review: JP Morgan Chase Auto Finance

• Updated: Thu, August 28, 2014

• Reported By: Mary Magdelene — Bloomfield Hills Michigan
JP Morgan Chase Auto Finance
PO Box 901098 Ft Worth, Texas USA

JP Morgan Chase Auto Finance Unclaimed Funds Belonging to Heir of Deceased Account Holder went Missing Ft Worth Texas

JP Morgan Chase Probate Division sent a letter in April of 2014 stating that unclaimed funds belonging to my father were available. They asked for decedent information to be given if my father was deceased. My father had been deceased for more than three years when the letter came, so I provided them with requested proof that I was the decedent and legal heir to the property--giving them full information about how to communicate with me.

After several unreturned calls, I asked to make a complaint. Their response (August 2014) was that a check was going to be issued, and that I was to expect it within two weeks. Two weeks later, I called to follow up and was told that the monies had been issued to the State of Michigan. Therefore, I called the State Treasury and was told that no such monies had been sent to them.

Chase forwarded me to several different departments and apologized for giving me the run-around. No one ever got me through to the right department, never returned my calls, and their Probate Division, on every call, acted as if no one had the authority to give me answers. The funds have gone missing. Chase has my father's original death certificate, a completed TR-29, and my personal information. Wow. This is a disgrace.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2014 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JP-Morgan-Chase-Auto-Finance/Ft-Worth-Texas-76101/JP-Morgan-Chase-Auto-Finance-Unclaimed-Funds-Belonging-to-Heir-of-Deceased-Account-Holder-1172953. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JP Morgan Chase Auto Finance