Complaint Review: JPM DRIVE

JPM DRIVE
34119 west 12 mile suite 200 Farmington Hills , Michigan USA

JPM DRIVE and NARS is the same company scam Farmington Hills Michigan

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: JPM Drive is independently owned & operated

As far as I knew I was applying for a pharma sales position. I got a call from a girl names courtney who made me believe that is what I was applying for even citing how beneficial my psychology degree would be. She set up an interview knowing I would be traveling from Toronto to Michigan specfically for the interview. I asked her for the company website so I could further read up on their organization, she kind of ignored my question and told me they would send me an email with details. I never recieved such an email.

So i arrived at their office at 1pm, and NARS was written on the door at 34119 west 12 miles suite 200 in Farmington Hills. I walked in and there was a guy behind the desk named Josh I think. He was on the phone offering another person a job and right away I thought this was kind of strange. Why was the receptionist hiring people? I told him that I didnt think I was in the right place as I was looking for a company called JPM Drive but the name on the door said NARS. After an awkward pause he told me that I was in the right place and they were in fact sharing the space with a company called NARS. There was also a prominant BBB sign displayed on the desk which added to my uneassiness as I had searched the company earlier on BBB and found no listing. I just looked it up and NARS currently maintains an A- rating with the bbb (http://www.bbb.org/eastern-michigan/business-reviews/marketing-consultants/the-nars-group-in-farmington-hls-mi-90021109) despite numerous complaints found on this website and many others.

He handed me an application and asked me to fill out a form and attach my resume. I googled NARS from my iphone prior to filling anything out and thank God found all the negative postings. As I was waiting I heard phones ringing and they were all answered by Human Resources, that seemed to be the only division oeprating in this company. I returned the form to the guy at the front desk and said thank you, and he did not seem surprised one little bit at my sudden departure.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2013 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JPM-DRIVE/Farmington-Hills-Michigan-48331/JPM-DRIVE-and-NARS-is-the-same-company-scam-Farmington-Hills-Michigan-1070978. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JPM DRIVE

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

JPM Drive is independently owned & operated

AUTHOR: Lynn Rayford - ()

As President of JPM Drive, Inc. I take these reports extremely serious and have taken the time to thoroughly research this posted accusation. I would like to thank the author of this posting for their feedback. We will be taking this information as coaching purposes and will consider it moving forward as our company continues to grow.

Having been a job seeker in the past myself, I understand that finding the right career can be stressful and hard work. As an employer, I assure you, finding the right candidate is just as much work.  I encourage anyone who is actively seeking employment to form their own opinions of companies’ instead of basing an opinion off of an emotional internet blog post.  If you read something online that said you would make a thousand dollars by jumping off of a bridge with no parachute, would you do it? Probably not. We are all human; we have different preferences, qualifications, likes, dislikes, strengths and weaknesses. If we all liked the same ice cream, why would they have so many flavors?

Regardless of my opinion, it has come to my attention that the person on this blog post has a negative opinion of our company and perhaps did not take the time to ask the right questions before forming such opinion. Please allow me to address those concerns.

Here is the original post:

“As far as I knew I was applying for a pharma sales position….”

***The title of the advertisement the candidate applied to was “Sales / Office & Medical Supply Sales”  When I first read the posting, I was very alarmed that some would find our advertisements misleading. I contacted CareerBuilder to ensure that this was the only title our company has posted having anything to do with medical and/or pharmaceutical sales. I apologize if this ad title is implying that we do pharmaceutical sales. Our company represents Medical Arts Press (here is their website http://www.medicalartspress.com/?cm_mmc=SEM-_-Google-_-medical_arts_press) as one of our clients. We target medical offices on behalf of this client. That particular posting was for an office and medical supply sales representative. Nowhere in the advertisement, job title or the client’s website does it say anything about pharmaceutical sales.***

“….I got a call from a girl names courtney who made me believe that is what I was applying for even citing how beneficial my psychology degree would be….”

***We believe that Psychology majors bring allot to our company. For one, they are great at managing people. They know how to coach and train someone in a positive way, making them feel good about corrective actions. Second, traditionally they are good with people! Who could be a better “people person” than a Psychology major?!? Not only do several of our people in leadership roles throughout our company hold Psychology degrees, but so does several members of our marketing team. The degree helps them understand how the customers and clients think so that we can more effectively target our clients, customers and new business.***

“…..She set up an interview knowing I would be traveling from Toronto to Michigan specfically for the interview…”

***Candidates have commuted from several other states as well. In fact, many major corporations will fly candidates to another facility for training and/or the hiring process. If the candidate was concerned about the commute, I’m not sure that this would have been the right position as this would be a daily commute to our office.***

“….I asked her for the company website so I could further read up on their organization, she kind of ignored my question and told me they would send me an email with details. I never recieved such an email...”

***We apologize that the confirmation email was never received. At the time, our system was set up to automatically send a confirmation email once any appointment was scheduled. If the candidate would have simply called back to make us aware of this, we would have gladly resent the email and/or sent it to another email address for them.***

“….So i arrived at their office at 1pm, and NARS was written on the door at 34119 west 12 miles suite 200 in Farmington Hills…”

***This is correct. Our company opened in March of 2013. As it turned out, there was a shared office space available for lease with another company. I loved the location, the office space and I was able to move in right away. Being a brand new company, this was ideal for our situation while we were in the process of opening and growing our firm.***

“….I walked in and there was a guy behind the desk named Josh I think. He was on the phone offering another person a job and right away I thought this was kind of strange. Why was the receptionist hiring people?....”

***Unfortunately, this is not correct. Joz (or “Josh” as the author called him) was scheduling another candidate for an interview. Being that we had several candidates apply for the position, we do interview more than one candidate. Typically I, the President, offer positions within our firm. As we are still growing and filling positions, I have in the past asked Joz to help in several areas of the company. Due to our company growth and his hard work and dedication, we have recently promoted Joz to a Human Resource Manager position.***

“….I told him that I didnt think I was in the right place as I was looking for a company called JPM Drive but the name on the door said NARS. After an awkward pause he told me that I was in the right place and they were in fact sharing the space with a company called NARS. There was also a prominant BBB sign displayed on the desk which added to my uneassiness as I had searched the company earlier on BBB and found no listing. I just looked it up and NARS currently maintains an A- rating with the bbb (http://www.bbb.org/eastern-michigan/business-reviews/marketing-consultants/the-nars-group-in-farmington-hls-mi-90021109) despite numerous complaints found on this website and many others….”

****As stated before, we are sharing an office space with that company. The NARS Group is indeed a member of the BBB which is the plaque that was noticed on the table.  It was never said that it belonged to JPM Drive. Nowhere on our website, advertisements and/or email signatures is it implied that JPM Drive is a member of the BBB. Since then, The NARS Group has added their logo to the sign to avoid any confusion.***

“…He handed me an application and asked me to fill out a form and attach my resume. I googled NARS from my iphone prior to filling anything out and thank God found all the negative postings. As I was waiting I heard phones ringing and they were all answered by Human Resources, that seemed to be the only division oeprating in this company. I returned the form to the guy at the front desk and said thank you, and he did not seem surprised one little bit at my sudden departure…”

****This is correct. Typically someone from Human Resources answers the phone for prospective candidates. We’re not sure why this would give someone a bad impression of our company. If the candidate would have asked more questions about our relation to NARS, we would have gladly explained. Frankly, if the candidate would have met with someone rather than forming an opinion of our company after only five minutes, I would have gladly of compensated them for their travel to the interview. At that time, we had received over 200 applicants for that particular position. I am sure that it was not that Joz was not surprised by the candidate leaving, but most likely too busy answering all of the phones that were ringing with other applicants inquiring about the position.***

“…I have never posted a review or consumer concern on a company before but after a waste of a trip I felt like I had to do something. Finding a job in this economy is hard enough without people like this wasting your time.”

****We agree. Finding a job, let alone the right job, in this economy is hard. Finding the right candidate as an employer is also hard. Here’s a little preview of what employers are handed when searching for the right candidate….

First, we pay several amounts of dollars to post advertisements on various websites for open positions (such as CareeerBuilder, CraigsList, etc.). If you look at CareerBuilder, the cost for 1 posting is $419. If purchasing 12-17 postings, the price goes down to $325 per posting.

After spending hundreds of dollars on a few advertisements, we receive an average of 100 applicants per posting. Of those, we have to read through every resume to determine if the candidate meets the initial qualifications. Qualifications are listed on every advertisement; however it has come to our attention that not every applicant reads the qualifications.

Once determining if an applicant is qualified, we then reach out via telephone to attempt to schedule an in-person meeting. Some candidates have listed numbers that are not in service, do not have voice mail set up and/or hang up thinking we are a telemarketing company before we have a chance to say “hello”.

Talking with candidates, we are finding that many of them do not read the advertisements that our company spends so much money on to ensure that only qualified and interested applicants are considered. Most of our time spent with the candidate on the phone is discussing the position that they had already read about and applied to. This is very frustrating as an employer because we encourage candidates to research our company and/or the position before applying to our company.

After qualifying and scheduling a candidate, we then get an opportunity to meet with them face to face. As our time is limited, we only have a few slots available to meet with candidates. Unfortunately, there have been instances where we have set a specific time aside to meet with the candidate only they do not show for the interview nor give professional notice.

Again, I understand that finding the right career can be stressful and hard work but I encourage you to ask more questions because it is equally as hard for employers. If you have any questions and/or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. Good luck on your search and future endeavors. I hope that this has offered some clarity regarding our company.

Respectfully,