Complaint Review: Juniper Bank ,Barkley Mastercard/visa

• Submitted: Wed, May 20, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, May 20, 2009

• Reported By:Roanoke Virginia
Juniper Bank ,Barkley Mastercard/visa
Card Services PO Box 8801 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

Juniper Bank ,Barkley Mastercard/visa BEWARE - Will Rip you off by raising interest rate and not processing payment Wilmington Delaware

I made an online payment on 04/19/2009 and received a conformation number. The payment did not go through and I was unaware of this. I went to make another payment on 05/18/2009 and realized my interest rate jumped from 8.99% to 24.24%, so I called the company. They said I missed a payment and I explained that I have a conformation number and I did not miss. I spoke to a Chris, which she requested that I make the payment by phone and there will not be a charge & she stated the error would be fixed and to check back in 2 days to see if the interest rate is back at 8.99%. I also received a conformation # for this call and was assured everything would be documented. I checked back on 05/20/2009, and the interest rate was still at 24% and I received a $15 for making a payment by phone.

I called back and the person I spoke to said there was nothing they could do and 24% was the best interest they would provide. I requested to speak to a supervisor and she too was rude. We immediately paid the card off and requested this account to be closed, and before we could ask for it to be in writing that our account is closed the representative got mad and hung up on us. They were going to hit us for every charge they could when we did not wrong and we ALWAYS paid our card off on time. LUCKILY WE HAD THE MONEY TO PAY THE CARD OFF. So, be careful, with this company you think you will have a low interest rate but they will find a way to raise it.

Dedicated customer
Roanoke, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2009 08:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Juniper-Bank-Barkley-Mastercardvisa/Wilmington-Delaware-19899-8801/Juniper-Bank-Barkley-Mastercardvisa-BEWARE-Will-Rip-you-off-by-raising-interest-rate-a-453631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Juniper Bank ,Barkley Mastercard/visa