• Report: #205004

• Submitted: Tue, August 08, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, August 08, 2006

• Reported By:Goldendale Washington
Juniper Bank
PO Box 8826 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-283-6635
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Juniper Bank Juniper is a Fraudulent Company that scams individuals by Holding their payments Wilmington Delaware

*Consumer Comment: Umm this is your fault...

We applied for this credit card because it offered a terrific interest rate. There were no annual charges and it sounded like a great deal. However, when I made the payment on the account online (on their website)this company chose to hold payment and post it the following day.

My payment was made on the due date. When we called the company to complain they explained that they were eastern time and since our payment was made at 4:00pm then they didn't post it until the following day.

Well...our payment was made on the due date and they could verify that but rather than credit the over-the-limit fee and late payment fee they chose to lose our business. We immediately closed this account.

We tried several more times to dispute the charges since our balance was only $250 and they were charging almost $80 in fees for their own issues. The phone numbers were not valid for customers with closed accounts.

When a representative called to ask for payment (which we were withholding until resolved) I assumed it was the complaint department. I was very upset to hear that he only wanted payment but I went ahead and made the payment and asked him to forward a dispute again to their higher department. I was told I would receive a call from someone within 3 business days.

I never received any calls. The only calls I continue to receive are those asking for payment, I have been advised that my dispute was dismissed by their company without even a phone consultation with me. I intend to persue this issue in the court system as a matter of principal.

My $250 limit is now over $600 and I only have about $200 worth of purchase funds owing....$400 in fees because they chose not to post my payment on the date it was paid!!! Major scam.

Tamara
Goldendale, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2006 01:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Juniper-Bank/Wilmington-Delaware-19899-8826/Juniper-Bank-Juniper-is-a-Fraudulent-Company-that-scams-individuals-by-Holding-their-payme-205004. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Juniper Bank

Umm this is your fault...

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

Almost any payment made online must be in by a certain time to be credited that day. It is clearly spelled out on the web page. They were within their right to charge you the late fees. And since this credit card company caters to low-income/bad-credit people, they won't refund those charges.