Complaint Review: just brakes

• Updated: Sat, January 05, 2013

• Reported By: donald — williams Oregon United States of America
just brakes
2005 eubank n e, albuquerque, New Mexico United States of America

just brakes lied about cost of oil change,stole money, camera, lighter, cords albuquerque, New Mexico

*Author of original report: $30 missing change

*Consumer Comment: I also carry $30 in change in my car.......

travelling down I40, i needed fuel, oil change and car wash, all at the same time. since i was near albuquerque, i travelled there.

first place i found was an oil change place called" Just Brakes" with a sandwich board out front saying $18.88 for an oil change. i removed my snapple, dog, cigarettes and my checkbook. and the mechanic drove it into the bay.

i left and took my dog on a 10 minute walk. this whole oil change and rip-off lasted at least an hour.

they charged me $29.00, and i hit the road after fueling up. 10 miles down the road, i noticed my lighter missing, along with my video camera. I called the police, and returned to albuquerque and filed a police report.

200 miles later in gallop, nm, i noticed they rifled through my things to find the exact charger that went with that camera, plus i noticed at least $30 in change missing.

finally, after 4 days of calling them, i recieved a call from chris castillo. he listened to my story and told me he would see if i can get my $29 back.

i'm not holding my breath. lesson learned...even at my old age of 56. next time, they'll have to pry me out of my car...they can change the oil while i'm in it, or i'll wait till i get home!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2012 06:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/just-brakes/albuquerque-New-Mexico-87112/just-brakes-lied-about-cost-of-oil-changestole-money-camera-lighter-cords-albuquerque-989403. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on just brakes

$30 missing change

AUTHOR: donald j. lingl - (United States of America)

concerning your questions as to why i would be carrying that much change. simple. i was on a 4 week, 6022 mile road trip. all the change i produce when i travel, goes in my ash tray. i can't be the only 56 year old male with one dog, who travels well, that produces an average of $1 a day in change???

i don't think ten or fifteen dollars in change, in your pocket, driving down the freeway, would be very comfortable. plus i burned up over $15 in tolls the day before in oklahoma.

either way, they are thieves at "JUST BRAKES".

I also carry $30 in change in my car.......

AUTHOR: Will - (U.S.A.)

...NOT!!! unless you have a vending machine business I'd say you are full of BS.