Complaint Review: Just Brakes

• Reported By: Megspet2 — Brandon Florida
Just Brakes
214 E Brandon Blvd Brandon, Florida USA

Just Brakes Careless and Irresponsible Brandon Florida

I brought my 95 Chevy Camaro into Just Brakes on Saturday, 9/14/2013 at approx 11:30AM for a $99 (advertised) brake repair.  After an hour and a half or two I was approached with a $1000 estimate.  When I declined they reduced it to $600.  I still did not like the price so I declined service and waited for them to put my car back together.

At 2PM they pulled my car up to the front.  The front end made a thunkthunkthunk noise and the steering wheel had horrible vibration!  They told me the car came in that way and caused by the front wheel locking up because of bad brakes.

Distraught, I drove the vehicle to my regular mechanic, who doesn't work on the weekends.  Come today, Monday 9-16-2013, my regular mechanic put the car on a lift and the front driver-side wheel wobbled, nearly falling off!  THEY NEVER TIGHTENED MY WHEEL!  As a result, my wheel is also damaged. [continued below]....

.....  The holes where lug nuts go are all raggedy looking and elongated.  The lug nuts have metal shards in the threads.

I went to Just Brakes and told them about the situation.  They asked to see my wheel and lug nuts, stating it's probably normal wear and tear.

I returned to Just Brakes with the damaged wheel and lug nuts.  Just Brakes employees told me my bad brakes caused the wheel to be damaged!  They kept saying they have two guys go over the wheels so it is IMPOSSIBLE for a car to leave their facility with loose lugs!!

Are they suggesting that -I- loosened my own lug nuts???!  No WAY!  I would NEVER want to put myself or anyone in that kind of danger!  THANK GOD I did not drive it further or dare try to take the interstate.

Stay away from JUST BRAKES.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2013 06:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes/Brandon-Florida-33511/Just-Brakes-Careless-and-Irresponsible-Brandon-Florida-1085047. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes