• Report: #852028

• Updated: Sun, March 11, 2012

• Reported By: memerekatherine — walden New York United States of America
justask.com

justask.com Do not put payment info onto this site!!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: just ask does work

I found this web site that touted instant answers when I googled a problem i was having with my amazon kindle. They claim you only pay $15 if you are satisfied with your answer and your problem gets solved. They took my Paypal instantly and immediately had their money. After that, nothing on the site worked. It kept asking me to " refresh" the page over and over. Short story, no answer, but they're paid. not only are they paid, but they set it up as a subscription!!! So, they will take $15 whenever they please. I cannot remove my Paypal info, no question was ever answered and there is no one at the other end. its a money collecting scam with a convincing marketing home page. after you get past the payment page, nothing works.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2012 05:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/justaskcom/internet/justaskcom-Do-not-put-payment-info-onto-this-site-Internet-852028. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on justask.com

just ask does work

AUTHOR: percyverance - ()

I used this service and found it does work. The problem lies in the construction of its website. The heavy repeated adverts for subscription make it easy to mistakenly subscribe rather than use it 1 off.  The response timing did not appear until after the first answer making it look like nothing was happening or working. The company should work on this and limit its attempts to get a subscription. Once in touch with a verified expert it was clear he knew his job and since I knew already 50% of the answer was well satisifed he knew his stuff. I am making this rebuttal because I initially made the same mistake as the complainant for the reasons stated above- I expected a direct online chat - however it goes through their website hence the delays. I am withdrawing my request for refund from paypal.