Complaint Review: JustCloud.com

• Reported By: Bob — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
JustCloud.com
A2 Segensworth Business Centre Fareham, United Kingdom

JustCloud.com Untrustworthy Backup Solution Fareham United Kingdom

A Cloud Backup service to avoid.  You won't know whether the service is working unless you continually check up on it.

Initially I spent over a week working with JustCloud support before achieving an installation that performed as advertised, and that also afforded me adequate control over security.  Most folk won't care as much about the latter, but I worked in computer security long enough to be sensitive to it.  In particular I don't allow applications to access the Internet except at times and for accesses that I've authorized.  So I was willing to write several scripts to start and stop a backup service that otherwise remained permanently connected to a JustCloud backup server.

All seemed well until recently when various applications that never before requested Internet access, suddenly began to.  After some research I determined all were attempting to access JustCloud backup servers whenever I saved or modified any file in any folder.

Furthermore on checking the JustCloud backups I found nothing had been backup since mid-January, 2013.  I signed up for the service in August, 2012.

On requesting cancellation, Justcloud support attempted to "work with me" to resolve the problems, but I'm not interested to spend more time on a service that requires so much work to maintain.

Others have posted numerous complaints about JustCloud service and charges.  So far I'm not disposed to (it is slow and their webite frequently spams you to "upgrade" to faster service), except to note that when finally JustCloud support sent me instructions to cancel the account (information not mentioned on their website!), they notified me that no refund would be issued despite my having only used 10 months of my two year contract.

It's clear the glowing reviews one finds on "top 10 backup services" are salted - spend the time to find reputable reviews and I very much doubt you will find a recommendation for JustCloud.  Same for sister service "MyPCBackup".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2013 02:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JustCloudcom/-Fareham-PO15/JustCloudcom-Untrustworthy-Backup-Solution-Fareham-United-Kingdom-1054170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JustCloud.com