Complaint Review: K Mart Lease to Go

• Reported By: Rhonda — Pleasantville Ohio
K Mart Lease to Go
1627 N Memorial Dr Lancaster, Ohio USA

K Mart Lease to Go Total rip off Lancaster Ohio

My husband and I went in to lay a way a Nintendo Wii U for our daughter for Christmas. We were going to pay 1/2 down and 1/2 in 2 weeks. The young man at the service counter in electronics suggested the new Lease to Go program. My first question was how does this work, his answer was you make a down payment and they divide the rest into 5 payments. I then asked what the finance charge was, his reply was that there was no finance charges. I said okay how about hidden fees to which he replied there are no hidden fees, you pay the price of the down payment and payments.

I asked how they could do that and he said that it was because they directly take it out of your banking account so their money is guarenteed. As he started to do the transaction he said that he had never done one before and therefor wanted to call a manager back.  In the meantime of waiting on a manager another associate asked him what he was waiting on and she said oh I can do that. When she came behind the counter and started doing the transaction a manager and another associate walked up beside me. I proceeded to ask the cashier the same questions as above to clarify.

We did not want to pay finance charges or hidden fees as we could have put it in layaway for no fees. She informed me again that there were no finance charges or hidden fees, the whole time the manager is standing next to me listening to the conversation. So we finished the transaction. The cashier lays the receipt down for me to sign, circles the part that says this is your down payment and this is what you will pay (which showed the payments). I said okay great, signed the paper, she then pulled the customer copies off the register and folded them up as kmart always does and handed them to me.

A few days later I start receiving welcoming emails from Why not Lease it. Wanted me to register with them and that sort of thing. So I go on their site register and start digging around a little bit. It has a button there that says your lease aggreement. After much digging I find that for a $269 item I will end up paying a HIDDEN fee of $170. What K-Mart does not tell you is that the end of your payments you have to buy out the contract in 1 or 2 payments or continue the lease. I proceeded to call Lease to Go, K-Mart and write to K-Mart's corporate headquarters. After almost a month I am still waiting on a response as to why this practice is allowed at their store with outright lies about what the merchandise is going to cost.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2014 04:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/K-Mart-Lease-to-Go/Lancaster-Ohio-43130/K-Mart-Lease-to-Go-Total-rip-off-Lancaster-Ohio-1114718. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on K Mart Lease to Go