Complaint Review: K-Mart

• Submitted: Thu, April 12, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, April 12, 2007

• Reported By:Endicott New York
K-Mart
527 Endicott Plaza Endicott, New York U.S.A.

K-Mart fraudulent charge vrs posted price Endicott New York

I brought a cooking pot to the register that was shelf-posted as on sale at 25% off. The regular price was placed on the front of the shelf. It rang up as on sale, but not 25% off.

After going back to the item's area and carefully comparing the item I purchased to the description and sale dates posted, I went to the customer service desk, where the girl in charge argued with me, then did the math on a hand-held calculator, and still came up with the wrong price.

Because I was sure of my math, and my facts, I would not leave. A floorperson was called to double-check the information, as I had done.

Finally, after much confusion on the part of the customer service area person, I was given a refund of the difference. I reminded her that the computers in the store should be corrected, as there was 3 days left of the sale, and I didn't want others who might not be as observant as I am to get ripped off.

I went back the next afternoon, and took another of the same item to the register at the back of the store. She scanned it, and it was still not corrected. I then asked at the Customer Service desk to see the highest ranking manager of the store. A 'floor manager' gave me the same runaround and argument as I had received the day before. I have a heart condition, so I just gave up and told him he had better see that the registers were changed or I would be contacting the BBB, and the local police, and I left.

The following afternoon, I again returned to the store, where the registers had finally been corrected,....but I noted that there were no more of the item in question available for purchase, so I imagine that at least 2 more people were ripped-off.

It's a sin how today's young people, and older ones too, cannot do anything with their minds.....they rely solely on what the registers tell them. I have watched sooo many make change, and they cannot count from what you give them to what the price is in order to make change.

It is also

Bonnie
Endicott, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2007 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/K-Mart/Endicott-New-York-13760/K-Mart-fraudulent-charge-vrs-posted-price-Endicott-New-York-243650. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on K-Mart