Complaint Review: K-Mart

K-Mart
3333 Beverly Road Hoffman Estates, Illinois USA

K-Mart Sears Digital Gift Card Scam Hoffman Estates Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: SearsCares

I purchased a gift card that was supposed to be emailed to me within an hour of purchase. 2 hours after purchase K-Mart 'Fraud Department' called me to tell me the order was held up and I needed to verify my ID by giving them my email, phone number and the county I live in.

They then told me the card would be delviered "soon". An hour later, they marked it delivered on their website, I checked my email, my spam folder ect, no email from Kmart at all. At this point I called them back, and informed them of the situation.

They told me it was too bad, but they couldnt resend it. I asked why not, they said "we just dont do that". I asked for a refund, and they told me "take it up with your credit card company, its not our job to refund for goods we mark delivered".

4 hours on the phone, 3 supervisors, and a lot of time on hold, and I got no gift card, no apology, nothing. They couldnt even call me by my first name, they kept calling me by another name.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2013 04:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/K-Mart/Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-60179/K-Mart-Sears-Digital-Gift-Card-Scam-Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-1107221. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on K-Mart

SearsCares

AUTHOR: Sears Cares - ()

Dear Sshull,

We appreciate you taking the time to post about your gift card situation, and apologize for the inconveniences faced with your online gift card order. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We’d like to look into your online order and provide you with any assistance deemed necessary to make sure your issue is resolved. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Sshull) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com and we’ll have one of our dedicated case managers contact you and to assist you in this matter. Again, we apologize and we hope to speak with you soon.

Edwin C.