• Report: #661981

• Reported By: Suzie — Manchester Tennessee United States of America
K Mart
1806 Tullahoma hwy Tullahoma, Tennessee United States of America

K Mart Returned layaway to stock Tullahoma, Tennessee

Spend two or three hrs in Kmart and layed away over $750 worth of mechandise for Christmas.  Kmart's policy is payments must be made every two weeks and can't be more than 7days late or items will be returned to stock.  Made my first two pymnt on time the third one was two days into the 7 day policy.  I went to make my third payment and was told that my items were returned to stock.  I told the clerk that I was 2 days past the two weeks and still had five days before before I was in valation of policy.  He checked again and sure enough my itmes were returned to stock the previous day. So that would be only one day, right?  I requested my money back that I paid on my layaway and was told I would be charged $20 cancellation fee. Unbelieveable.

Apparently Kmart would rather lose over $750.00 and any future business than to actually give you the full 7 days grace period.

So if you plan on using Kmart's layaway , DONT BE LATE < NOT EVEN ONE DAY.

I had spend $55 in the store before I try to pay on my layaway, needless to say I returned the items before leaving the store.

Great customer servcie ,WHAT A RIPOFF

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2010 11:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/K-Mart/Tullahoma-Tennessee-37388/K-Mart-Returned-layaway-to-stock-Tullahoma-Tennessee-661981. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on K Mart