Complaint Review: kaiku

• Reported By: glory trip — Stockton California
kaiku
Internet USA

kaiku Blocked accounT with no notice.  Internet

*Author of original report: More problems

*General Comment: KAIKU CLASS ACTION

*Author of original report: kaiku

*UPDATE Employee: Response to Account Blocked No Notice

*Author of original report: still not solved

*Consumer Comment: Is it a prepaid card?

I opened a kaiku account specifically to have my tax refund deposited.  They were recommended to me by a friend.Out of the blue I get an e-mail from kaiku saying my account was blocked and to send in my California id and proof of address. After sending in my documents I received email stating that my documents couldn't be verified??? So I emailed again asking what else was needed and can I please get an explanation or something. Why was my account blocked? Why wasn't I notified?? How could my documents not be"verified". I don't think these big businesses understand how these things affect their customers.  I need that money so I won't be homeless. I don't think they care about us. I feel like my rights have been violated and I have been scammed and targeted. I'm so glad I found this site and see that I'm not the only one this has happened to. It saddens me even more because I referred a few of my family and friends to use kaiku. I wish I hadn't.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2013 07:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/kaiku/internet/kaiku-Blocked-accounT-with-no-noticenbsp-Internet-1067370. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on kaiku

More problems

AUTHOR: glory trip - ()

Although My first issue was solved with speed I am now experiencing another issue...recently kaiku switched banks. A few months prior to them switching I was awaiting an additional 500 dollar deposit from the irs. Naturally the irs dragged their feet and by the time the deposit was sent my previous card had already been canceled and switched over. Needless to say my 500 dollars is still floating somewhere unknown. The irs hasn't received it back yet. How do I resolve this issue ASAP????

#2 General Comment

KAIKU CLASS ACTION

AUTHOR: CaptainSaveAConsumer - ()

Please report your experience with Kaiku here.

We are prepping for a class action.

kaiku

AUTHOR: glory trip - ()

I see this site is very well managed!! :-) Kaiku is right!! They responded to my email and remedied my problem really fast. I was sick to my stomach just thinking my family would have these same issues and that I would be homeless by the time a check got to me!! So I sent my email to Kaiku and I prayed on it.My prayers were answered!! Again high praises to the Kaiku team and the Rip off report site as well!! Have a blessed day!!

Response to Account Blocked No Notice

AUTHOR: Kaiku Finance LLC - ()

Leslie King had sent an email addressing similar concerns directly to KAIKU. Account monitoring is required by federal law and is an important part of protecting our cardholders and the integrity of our Card program. When an account is reviewed and has certain red flags, it may require additional verification. Upon review of Leslie’s account with members of the Risk Team, it was determined the account merited a second review.  The review was completed and the outcome was to reinstate her account.  Leslie responded back to KAIKU’s decision with an email saying, “Kaiku you don't know how happy you have made me! …High praise to the kaiku team!!”

KAIKU followed all applicable laws and acted in accordance with best practices in the financial services industry.

still not solved

AUTHOR: glory trip - ()

I talked to someone one the phone and they basically told me I would have to receive an explanation via email.I was told my account was blocked because more than 3 cards were ordered to my address which is true because I recommended family to kaiku and they ordered cards.I was also told that my documents couldn't be verified because I only sent a copy of my id, but not a picture holding it next to my face! I never heard of that.  I was also told that my bill couldn't be verified because my address was a sticker??? Or something to that effect. I just couldn't understand. I still don't understand. All I know is that this is my first experience with a prepaid card and it was HORRIBLE. I only hope my family won't have to endure the same frustration and headache that kaiku has given me.

Is it a prepaid card?

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

Any thing dealing with money and private information, you should NEVER deal with E-mail unless you have TALKED to someone on the phone posted on their official website. There are plenty of scam out there using e-mail as their communication. Have you ever talked to someone on the phone? Go to their website and look for contact. Keep trying until you talk to someone. Do NOT communicate via email and send any private information via email. Do NOT mail anything to an address which is NOT posted on their official website. Be ware all of those companies that provide only email contact and/or phone. You should look for a physical address as well.